Sunday, August 17, 2008

Twilight....



TWILIGHT


The thing I enjoy most about the blog world, in addition to all of the wonderful people I've met, is that you learn so many interesting things by reading other peoples blogs. As you know I'm an avid reader so I am always looking for something new and interesting to read. Recently I read a couple of posts, at Mabel's House http://mabelshouse.blogspot.com/, that had to do with the Stephenie Meyer series. I became very intrigued and bought the first book in the series. I am so glad I did. It was a nice, light, and entertaining read. Thank you Liz........


The Stephenie Meyer series are actually geared more to the teenage crowd but women of all ages have been reading the books and have thoroughly enjoyed them.....


Twilight is about a teenage girl who is sent to live with her father in up state Washington. She meets a boy named Edward at her new school and a romance ensues. However, there is a glitch. Edward, who is considered an outsider at school, is also a vampire. He, of course, is very mature for his age being that he's been a vampire for centuries now. He is very romantic and savvy. He struggles with the concept of falling in love with a human. Twilight is a love story but it is one that is filled with drama and suspense. Bella and Edward are an oddity, at the very least, a some what newer rendition of the Shakespeare classic, Romeo and Juliet. Bella longs to become a Vampire so she will never grow old and can be with Edward forever, but Edward struggles with the moral dilemmas of her request. Bella loves Edward freely but Edward is afraid he will hurt her because of his innate killer instincts. Added to this mix is another vampire who has decided to hunt Bella down. It is a tale full of intrigue. Would I read another Stephenie Meyer book? You bet. In fact I've already purchased the next book in the Twilight saga.........

2 comments:

Firefly Nights said...

Reminds me of the old TV series, Dark Shadows.

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

great book, huh?? the movie comes out in november!

Related Posts with Thumbnails