Monday, November 24, 2008

Blue Monday.....



Welcome to Blue Monday, a post hosted by my good friend Sally at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Every week a group of us gals get together to post something blue. If you are interested in joining our group, or you would like further information about us, just click the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site......

This week I thought I would share with you another part of my turkey collection. I have a small wooden display shelf in my living room where I keep part of my turkey collection during the Thanksgiving holiday season. The turkey I am sharing with you today is sitting on the second shelf. It is a ceramic turkey in an array of bright colors that sort of blend into one another. Although he does have blue on his wing and on his back, he is actually more multicolored. As you can see the curtains in that room are also blue.......


Here is a picture of my turkey close up. The neatest thing about him is that part of his tail feathers are knives. You will usually find him sitting on my Thanksgiving Day buffet table near some sort of a dip or a cheese ball . When it's time to serve I just take out a tail feather and our guests can use it to spread the dip or cheese on the crackers or bread that is accompanying it. Is he a hoot or what?.....
I can't wait to see what all of you have posted.... Happy Blue Monday everyone!......
With warmest regards, Carol


17 comments:

Shelia said...

Cute cute turkey, Carol. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shellmo said...

I love your turkey's multi talents - he's decorative yet practical w/ the knives! :-)

Sweetie said...

Your turkeys are so cute. I also like your pretty curtains. Your hopeful Friday post is especially nice. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How cute, Carol! I love how his tail feathers are colorful knives. And what a fun collection to have!

I enjoyed visitng here, and I also want to say thanks for dropping by my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments. Wishing you a great rest of the day or a Happy Blue Monday! :-)

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S.... very cute dog, too! :-)

XO,

Sheila

PAT said...

Cute turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Katie said...

Oh that is so cute! Does he ever get mad that you pull his tail? Well, only once a year! Hee hee Happy Blue Monday!

Smilingsal said...

Tom is a helpful guy, isn't he? But then, he gets to live. Happy Blue Monday!

KATHERINELLEN said...

Carol,
Thank you for stopping by....Your Turkey is soooo Cute....I love your Hopeful Friday.....great post....Katherinellen

jeanne said...

Oh my gosh the turkey with the knives for tail feathers is adorable. I also enlarged to see the detail on your shelf. Great decorations and sweetly displayed. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs...Jeanne

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Very cute turkey but I bet he doesn't appreciate having his tail feathers pulled. lol!

KATHERINELLEN said...

Carol,
I come back by to tell ya that you have been tagged....come on over to check it out... :)

nikkicrumpet said...

Well now that is one handy dandy turkey...he's cute and he's useful...wait...I just described the perfect man!

Liz said...

Adorable turkey! Hope you and Charli have a wonderful T-giving!

the voice of melody said...

How cute is that?! And what a great conversation piece too. :)

Susie Q said...

I love tha turkey!! I am a sucker for roosters and turkeys! I even have some of my tirley goodies out all year long becasue I adore them so!

You always have such wonderful things in your home!

Love to you...love to Charli!

Sue

bj said...

What a great collection of little turkeys...I hope your Thanksgiving is blessed!
love, bj

Related Posts with Thumbnails