Thursday, December 18, 2008

Booking Through Thursday........


Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ If you are interested in joining our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking through Thursday web site.......
Our questions this week are as follows:
Do you give books as gifts?
To everyone? Or only to select people?
How do you feel above receiving books as gifts?


Yes I do give books as gifts. If I read a book and think someone I know might like it I will pick one up for them. It doesn't have to be a special occasion. I only buy books for the friends, or family, that I know like to read, unless of course, I find that special book I think just might encourage someone to read........
Our niece is having a baby shower soon and the grandma to be came up with a great idea. Instead of getting cards for the shower she has suggested a book. I love that! The following verse was tucked into the envelope along with the invitation:
"They're read once or twice then tucked away with care.
A book is a treasure, words and pictures unite
Read over and over to teach and delight.
So instead of a card for Baby and Mother,
Please give a child's book with your thoughts in the cover.
Your book will be cherished; God will watch from above,
When it's read they will remember your kindness and love."
Now was that cute or what?......
As for receiving books as gifts... I love to receive books as gifts.....
Some of my most cherished books were given to me by people I love.
Happy BTT everyone!....
With warmest regards, Carol

2 comments:

Smilingsal said...

I love the little shower idea and poem. What a lucky baby.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great idea, Carol! Sounds like a neat shower!

XO,

Sheila

Related Posts with Thumbnails