Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dogs on Thursday......


Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A weekly post where dog lovers such as myself get together to write a post about their most precious four legged friends. If you are interested in joining our group, or would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.....


Christmas is right around the corner and I know there are lot's of girl's and boy's who want a new puppy. To anyone reading this blog I hope you take some time to consider all of the pros and cons before running out and getting a dog. Having a dog is a huge responsibility. They can be cute, and lovable, but they also require a lot of work. Having a dog is a life long commitment. If you do decide to get a dog please make it part of your family. Do not leave your dog chained outside alone. Please treat your dog like you would want to be treated. If you decide getting a dog is right for you please consider adoption. There are so many dogs in shelters just waiting for someone to take them home.
I found this poem that I would like to share with all of you.......
"I wish someone would tell me what it is I did wrong,
Why I have to stay chained up and left so long.
They seemed so glad to have me when I came as a pup
There were so many things we'd do while I was growing up.
They couldn't wait to train me as companion and friend,
They told me they would never fear being left alone again.
The children said they'd feed me, said they'd brush me every day,
They'd play with me and walk me if I could only stay.
But now the family hasn't the time, they often say I shed,
They won't allow me in the house, not even to be fed.
The children never walk me, they always say, "Not now."
I wish that I could please them, won't someone tell me how?
All I have is love, you see, I wish they would explain,
Why they said they wanted me, then left me on a chain"......
-Author unknown-
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
With our warmest regards,

9 comments:

Aaydens Mommy said...

Oh that little poem was so sad! :( I don't like it when I see dogs chained up all day it breaks my heart. We were considering getting a dog a few months ago but decided against it only because it is so hard and you do have to dedicate so much time to it. With two kids I don't think it would go over so well right now! LOL

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY...that is so sad. It just breaks my heart when people mistreat dogs. They don't realize that they need to be a part of the family. They need to be there to give love and get love. Unless you're willing to take the time and energy...you shouldn't be a pet owner!

Vicki said...

Wow, how sad. I never liked seeing a dog chained up before, now I'll like it less. I'll think of this poem everytime I see it. How cruel!

Serendipity said...

Thanks for sharing this poem and reminder. It's really sad when people buy a pet for all the wrong reasons.

Shelia said...

Hi Carol. Oh, no, I'm sad! I hate that - people mistreating our sweet little fuzzy friends! We know our fuzzy ones have a wonderful life, don't they?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;(

Jorgelina said...

Hi!!!
Beautiful poem!
Hugs

Kathy R said...

So true. So sad. Charli is lucky to have such a good mom.

judicreations said...

Hi Carol
You're right. Adopting a dog isn't just for today and you need to be sure you have the commitment involved with adopting. I've read that poem before and its so sad. Must be what the poor puppy would be thinking....we have very good friends who have taken on some of those dogs through the years that have been neglected by their owners. Different friends who would know of these dogs would arrange something so that our friends would then take them "off" the hands of their original owners. They have been very happy and lucky dogs.
Thank you for sharing...
have a lovely day.
Judi

Molly and Yoda say...spay and neuter your pets. said...

We are signing up for Dog on Thursday for sure. We want to do all we can to help all of the animals out there that need it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails