Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe...


One of my favorite books was always The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe which was written by C.S. Lewis. When the movie came out I just couldn't wait to take my grandchildren to see it. You can't imagine my excitement when I found out the Stagecrafters Youth Theater was going to do the play at our local community theater........
The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe is a magical tale about four children, in war torn England, who happen to accidentally enter the world of Narnia, through a wardrobe in an old mansion where they are staying. While in Narnia the children help to defeat the evil white ice witch. It's a story of good verse evil, where love and good prevails. C.S. Lewis wrote the story for his Goddaughter Lucy and one of the four children in the book was called Lucy in honor of her.....
I invited Anne and Ryan to go to the theater with me and all of us enjoyed the play. The actors and actresses really interacted with the audience. At one point we could hear the evil white witch screaming in the back of the theater. At another point the witches army of warriors marched down the aisles with they're swords held high. After the show the actors and actresses made themselves available to talk to all of the children and sign autographs.......








The theater was beautiful and it was all decked out for the holidays. One of the things Ryan asked to do was go up the stairs. He's so much like I was when I was child. He was very curious about everything....
The children made decorations which were hung throughout the theater. Lion heads were hung along the rail in front of the Christmas tree which I thought was rather cute. If you click on the pictures you can get a better view....
What about you? Do you have a youth theater in your town? Is there anything special you like to do with your children or grandchildren during the holiday season?
I hope you are having a lovely day. We are buried in snow this weekend....
Blessings to you and your families...
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

Anne said...

We had a wonderful time! Thank you for thinking of us and inviting us. The play was fantastic! I loved your pictures you took.

Smilingsal said...

What a grand time you guys had; the children will remember it for the rest of their lives. Yes, we have a children's theater here.

Brenda said...

God Bless you and a Merry Christmas to your family.

Margie said...

That sounds fantastic. Here in Ireland there are lots of children's theatre and choirs also a pantomine and some stage shows. When my daughters were young we went along and they were in local shows. Thanks for the post. Margie.

zetor said...

Sounds wonderful. I love 'the lion, the witch and the wardrobe.'

Kathy Brakhage said...

I haven't seen the movie but I loved the books and I bet the play was even better! I love plays onstage.

Lisa said...

What a memorable time you created with your grandchildren. That's wonderful. A fantstic Christmas to remember.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Carol! Oh, how I love CS Lewis! I love everything he ever wrote, and this is no exception. What a special time that must have been for you and yours! Thanks for taking us with you to the play. I love the fact that the children made decorations for the tree! :-)

And I love Charli dressed up in his Santa suit. He is just so cute!!!

Happy Blue Monday and BIG HUGS!

xo,

Sheila :-)

The Muse said...

Ooooo..I love it love it...LOVE it!
My grand~kids had a great time at the film :) And I have read them the books of course!

Related Posts with Thumbnails