Saturday, December 13, 2008

Welcome to the Home Sweet Home Christmas Blog Party.....



Welcome to the Home Sweet Home Christmas blog party at http://whisperingpoppies.blogspot.com/ If you would like join, just click on the above link to reach the official Home Sweet Home blog party web site. The party is going on all weekend long so come join in the fun......






Welcome to our home. We are so glad you decided to stop by.
The wreath on our door was made by me a couple of years ago. I'm not the most creative person in the world, so for me, it was a major undertaking.........

As you can see our little card tree is already filling up with pretty Christmas cards from our family and friends.......

This is one of our little ceramic Christmas trees. I also have a Snow village that usually sits here. GOD willing, next year I will be able to show it to you......



This is our Nativity set. It's our reminder of what Christmas is really all about. If I had to choose just one decoration to put up for Christmas I would always choose to put up a Nativity set of some kind. This one is musical and plays 'Silent Night'.....



Ho, Ho, Ho!









My sister made the fabric Christmas tree in the above picture years ago and it remains one of my most cherished possessions. The nutcracker was the very first one I ever bought and the beginning of our Nutcracker collection......














I found this picture of Charli taken in front of our Christmas tree a couple of years ago so I thought I would include it here. If you click on the picture you will see our tree is full of memories. All of the ornaments were either given to us, or hand made, by our children, grandchildren, family, friends, or my prior patients except our dated hallmark collection.....
I hope you enjoyed the tour of our home. Charli and I, as well as the rest of our family, would like to wish you, and your family, a very blessed and joyful Christmas Season.....
I look forward to visiting with all of you...
May the peace and the love of our LORD be with you always!....
Our most warmest regards,

24 comments:

The Whispering Poppies said...

Thank you for joining my holiday blog party! Your home is lovely! I love that your Nativity Scene is musical! And your card tree is so sweet ~ a very wonderful idea (my cards just sit in a basket, not very original)! lol Have a wonderful weekend! =)

She'sSewPretty said...

Charli adorable and your home is so pretty! Thank you for stopping by my blog and giving me this opportunity to peek into your home! Merry Christmas!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

What a delightful tour! Thank you for sharing. I am crazy about your card tree...it's so cute and different. ~ Lynn

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Charli is adorable! I know he is looking forward to Santa coming...maybe a chew toy will be in his stocking!
Love your nativity scene...it looks so pretty! The table looks like I might get a nice meal if I sat down there!

jojo-caramel said...

Thank you for your sweet visit on my daugther's Blog (Clara)
Lovely Nutcrackers Nativity scene and ornaments ! Have a very lovely weekend :)

laurie said...

Thank you for coming by my blog for a visit. I'm so glad you did, because it brought me over to see your Christmas decor. Your Christmas table setting looks so pretty, and your dog looks like he thinks he's one of those cute nutcrackers! That is precious. You can see that Charli has a personality of his own just by looking at his picture. Merry Christmas to you.

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful that your nativity scene!
The photo of Charlie with the nutcrackers adorable!
Precious your Christmas decoration.
Pretty weekend.

Margie said...

Thank you for visiting Margie's Crafts and leaving your lovely message. What a lovely home you have and the collection of decorations are to be cherished. Charli is such a character. I hope your dreams come true and those of all your family and friends (including Charli) during the holiday season. Margie.

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Thank you for sharing a piece of your home with us! THe nativity is wonderful as is all your decor! I cannot believe we only have 2 weeks and then it's all time to be put away again!!! Hopefully we will not put Jesus back in the box only to bring HIm out again next year- I so want every day to be Christmas in my life- Emmanual- Christ with us!

blessings
mary

Melissa said...

What nice decorations. I love the card tree and the Nativity is a wonderful one. Thanks for stopping by my little blog...I plan on showing some Nativities in the next week or so. May you have a blessed Christmas season!

Shellmo said...

Your home looks so lovely! I love those holiday place settings you have on your table. And of course Charli is looking great as always! Woof!

Brenda said...

Thanks for letting us come visit. Things look very nice and Charlie was so cute.

Cindy said...

And, may the peace of our Lord be with you and yours.

nikkicrumpet said...

I've seen a lot of card holders...but that tree has to be my favorite! And Charli looks soooo cute!

Judy said...

Thank you for the privilege of stepping into your home. I like how you have stories to go with your decorations. You seem like a sentimental person. I love how Charli looks like he is posing in that one picture and how he is all dressed up for Christmas. It was a perfect way to finish out my Saturday.

Lisa said...

Thank you for the tour. I love the nativity set. It's beautiful!!

BooksPlease said...

What a lovely post - I enjoyed it so much seeing all your Christmas decorations. Your Christmas tree with all its ornaments is just so beautiful and Charli is so cute. I've never seen nutcrackers like yours and would love to see your collection.

In case I don't comment your blog again before Christmas I'm wishing you and you family a very Merry Christmas!

A Gracious Home said...

Your decorations are beautiful. I can see you work hard to make your home look great. Doylene

Anne said...

All of your decorations around your home are so nice. Decorations add such a nice touch to the Christmas season.

The White Bench said...

Charli is sooooo cute!!!... Oh, I love doggie vignettes!!!
Your wooden card tree is a great idea!! And the Nutcrackers really gorgeous!!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, I appreciated it a lot!

Merry merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

Monica.

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

Hi Carol!

What a lovely lot of Christmas treasures you have. I had to take a closer look on quite a few. I laughed when I clicked on one of the nutcrackers by the fireplace because I had not realized that Charli was there and then his sweet little face was looking at me. Nice surprise!

Your table, the Nativity, the loaded with memories tree...all wonderful! Thanks for joining the party!!

Aaydens Mommy said...

I have always loved your Christmas decorations. They are all so beautiful. Your house looks fabulous as always!

Smilingsal said...

You have a fabric tree like mine! And a ceramic tree like mine--although I haven't shown that one. Charli I don't have. : -(

I love, love, love your nativity.

Baba's Blog .. Babies Are Special said...

Good evening Carol,it is a pleasure to meet you and Charli!! Your home is so warm and inviting for Christmas..Thanks for sharing all of your great things and memories with us..

I am a retired nurse too.. and have been for almost 5 years.I keep up with my co-workers with visits, phone calls and outings with lunch.They are my family and we are a close knit bunch of gals!!Working together for over 25 years with some of them makes for bonds that can not be broken..

I think that Charli is precious and a very cute gal!!!
May you and your family have a "Merry Christmas"!!
Hugs, Baba

Related Posts with Thumbnails