Thursday, January 22, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........



Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A site where book lovers such as myself get together once a week to write a post based on questions posed by our host. If you would like to join or group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.
Since "Inspiration" is (or should be) the theme this week....What is your reading inspired by?...


One of the things that inspires me to read are books that spark my imagination. These are usually fun books to read where I ask my self what if? One book that comes to mind that I recently read is 'Twilight.'
However, my true inspiration to read comes from my love of learning. Most likely because of career influences, I am inspired to learn things like:
What was it like to be on the battle fields of the great wars, what can we learn from forensic pathology, how was the small pox vaccine developed, how did the people cope during the great influenza pandemic or black plague, how do we incorporate cultural diversity in medicine, what was it like to be a nurse in Vietnam, and what were the working conditions in hospitals during the various time periods through out history.....
I am also inspired by European and American history. In addition to important events and people, I'm interested in what the people were like, what did they eat, how did they store and cook food, what did they wear, and how did they decorate they're homes......
When I'm reading one book it will usually inspire me to read another book on a similar subject. That's what I truly love most about reading. I always end up reading something I never would have expected, or chosen on my own, but thoroughly enjoyed...
Well, that's a little in site into what inspires me to read......
I look forward to learning what inspires all of you to read....
Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!...
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

Book Lover Lisa said...

Well said. I love the snowman theme, and the Sarah MacLachlan song.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm a history lover, too, Carol, and I also like books that spark my imagination.

XO,

Sheila :-)

zetor said...

Historical fiction really is my first love.

NoBS said...

You can never go wrong with deseases! I like books like that too.

I also agree with one book leading to another...

"Confuzzled" Shannon said...

I liked Twilight as well. Still have to read the rest of the series.

The Muse said...

Reading is my mental getaway! I love it!!

Smilingsal said...

I like historical fiction too. Happy BTT.

judicreations said...

Hi Carol
I love a good novel where I can just get into the characters and don't want the book to end.
I like to learn something new. The way an author writes inspires me. I really like to read Nora Roberts books for one.
I'm off to read.
have a lovely evening
Judi

Kim said...

Nicely said! I grow through historical reading jags several times a year.
*smiles*
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails