Friday, January 16, 2009

Burr... It's cold outside!......







BURR... It's COLD outside!........


Here in our part of town it's cold and with record breaking temperatures. Schools across the state have been closed and we have had one weather related death. This man slipped on his deck, was unable to get up, and froze to death. According to the Detroit Free Press, the coldest city in our area as of 6:00 a m this morning was Ypsilanti, with a -35 degree wind chill. We are expecting three to five more inches of snow on Saturday. There have been many spin out accidents on our icy roads......

Frigid weather equals frostbite. Click on the above picture to learn more about the signs and symptoms.....

Don't go out unless you absolutely have to and especially if you have a cardiac condition.

If you do have to go out, make sure you dress warm, and are not out in the elements more than ten minutes.

Watch your footing on slick and icy surfaces.

Check on elderly friends and family.

Keep children in doors.

Make sure your pets are appropriately dressed if they have to go out.

If you are planning to travel make sure you have a safety kit, flash light, jumper cables, food, water, and blankets in the car.

Carry a cell phone if you have one. (Carry it even if you are just planning to step out side for a minute or two)

Make sure you have a functioning carbon monoxide detector in your home.

Stay warm and stay healthy!.......

With warmest regards,

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness I just couldn't live in that super cold weather anymore. I lived in it for 17 years and would not want to go back. You guys stay safe and warm please. I'm worried about you and you will be in my prayers every day and night. Love, Kathy

Paula said...

Oh my goodness...I am so tired of the cold. Stay safe

MARIA said...

Thanks for this very needful post!
Perfect!

Stay warm and God bless!

The Muse said...

thank you for caring ... you and charli :) keep warm!

Smilingsal said...

I was cold enough when I lived in Maryland, but I don't think that I can "do" cold like that.

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

Excellent tips...unfortunately, a whole lot of us are living this nightmare...our pipes were frozen this morning at both house...ai yi yi. How freaky to fall and not be able to get up and freeze to death. Shudder.

mattviews said...

Oh my goodness we're all spoiled here in California. I hope you all stay warm and safe in the cold. Maybe a cup of hot coca and a book by the fireplace? :)

RYC: I have leaned toward oldies and songs in 70s and 80s, which I listened to growing up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails