Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dogs on Thursday........





Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://www.dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A weekly post where dog lovers such as my self get together to talk about our most precious four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.......


Happy New Year everyone!
When Charli was a little girl she would crawl up on my end table, and fall asleep basking in the sun, with her tiny legs tangling over the edge. We moved the table a little further away from the chair and thought we had solved the problem. We never noticed her trying to get up on the table again.......
Over the holidays I was talking with one of my neighbors when she asked about Charli. She told me she thought it was cute how Charli would get up in the bay window and sit for hours when my husband was in the hospital watching for us to return.......

One day I came out of my office and there she was! I said "Charli what are you doing?" I could almost hear her saying, "Oh boy. Busted." Of course she got right back down but now we have a pretty good idea of the kinds of things Charli will do when she's left home alone.......

Charli has always been a climber. she does lot's of things you would think only a cat would do. What about your dog? Does he or she like to hang out in unusual places? I look forward to hearing from you....
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Who on earth could resist that?

Shellmo said...

I couldn't be mad at that cute face! Awww Charli!
(Can't wait till I have a dog and can join your group....!)

Shelia said...

Oh, that little precious one! How cute is this story! She's adorable and Chloe Dawn sends her doggie love!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tina. said...

She's a sweetheart for sure! I enjoy reading your blog but especially enjoyed it over the Christmas season as well as the music!

Happy DOT's!!

Honey Dew and Sampson

Smilingsal said...

Yes, our dogs always choose to lie in the sun. Cute.

Pooch said...

Charli is such a pretty girl! Lailah gets on the glass-top library table and the window seat to keep track of the squirrels. When she's outdoors, she gets on top of the hot tub cover. There's no heat because of the insulation, but she CAN see over the top of the fence!

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL just look at that guilty little face! What a yummy little furbaby she is!

Judith said...

aaww he is so sweet, whilst I was at the vets today with Karmen I watched a dog being groomed in the other room - he/she was seemed to be enjoying the experience and the fuss. Take care, Judith

louise said...

I have a small dog, although not real, who has climbed up and sits on the arm of our sofa! I hope you have a Happy New Year and you enjoyed your holidays. I hope to return more regularly to blogging soon? x

Cindy said...

Might I make mention that Charli is still a little girl? If Grover did anything like that, we would know instantly. It's hard for an English Mastiff/Irish Wolfhound to hide;--)

TC said...

Her adventures sound almost like those of a cat! lol

Thanks for stopping by my blog with your nice comments about my three kings' day post. :)

Firefly Nights said...

I often think Mosby is also related to a cat. He has a cat's attitude and he climbs across the backs of all the upholstered furniture just like a cat would do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails