Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dogs on Thursday........



Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ This is a post where dog lovers such as myself get together once a week to write about our most precious four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.....

Guess who came for dinner?......
I received this in an e-mail the other day and thought I would share it with you......
This fawn followed the beagle home right through the doggy door in the Brittinger, MD area recently. The owner came home to find the visitor had made himself right at home...
I see this a little differently. I think the beagle and the fawn were playing and the beagle really liked his new found friend. Knowing how sweet and loving beagles can be, I think the beagle invited the fawn to come home with him. After serving the fawn a delicious lunch, they both crawled up on the sofa to take a little nap. Now isn't that just like a beagle? They are such sweet and well mannered little dogs. I'm sure he didn't think his owners would mind at all.......
I also received the following pet ten commandments in the mail and Charli wanted me to share them with you.....
A Pet's Ten Commandments......
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up for punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun to long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Thank you Lenr....
Charli and I hope all of you are having a good week...
We look forward to reading your posts...
With our most warmest regards,

11 comments:

Shellmo said...

That is so sweet to see that fawn and beagle together! I bet Charli would be that sweet too!

Kathy said...

Awww very sweet! Coincidentally I just got done posting a dog story. I've never participated in Dogs on Thursday but I have to admit, I always come to read :)

Smilingsal said...

I think we get the same emails. lol I got that fawn one too.

I like the commandments; that's a new one.

GoldenTracks said...

I love those 10 Commandments. Thanks for reminding us.

Madeline's Album said...

What a cute picture of the fawn and the beagle. I myself have no animals but I do enjoy other peoples.

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

We must run in the same email circles... Wasn't that the cutest?

MARIA said...

I love dogs and I always had one or two. Now I don't have, sometimes it is not easy to walk by myself.
Beautiful idea and the commandments are great.
Pic is amazing, thanks for sharing.

God bless!

Lisa said...

I love this. I'd hate for a fawn to follow one of the furgirls home. I'd hate to have to give it up. What an awesome picture. I love the 10 commandments too. It makes me a little teary.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a sweet photo of that fawn. I wish everyone was required to read and sign the Pet Commandments when getting an animal.

Anne said...

What a nice post. I just loved that picture. Aaaa I don't know if I can agree with you on Beagle's being sweet, well mannered and loving. I had one that tore the h*ll out of my backyard, lol! And no I wasn't laughing at the time! Now we have given her a new home...someones' barn, lol. Good riddon's pooch! Now she justs runs and runs so I've heard. Her name was Daisy. But she wasn't sweet. =)

Claudie said...

Carol I just had to ask my hubby to come and see this picture. My heart is melting. How adorable.
I have a picture of Albino Deer on one post. Rare here in Ontario.
Loved it and coming to see you again.
Love to Charlie
Claudie

Related Posts with Thumbnails