Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm an old geezer and darn proud of it.....





I'm an old geezer and darn proud of it........

I received this e-mail from my friend Sandy the other day and I thought it was worth sharing with you.....

'Geezers' are easy to spot: At sporting events, during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner. Old Geezers remove their caps, stand at attention, and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe them...

Old Geezers remember the Depression, World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Normandy, and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War 1950-55, The Cold War, the jet age, and the moon landing, the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam.....

If you bump into an Old Geezer on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass and Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Geezers trust strangers and are courtly to women. Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection. Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth on TV or in movies or in e-mails.....

Old Geezers have moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.....

It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military.....

This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values. We need them now more than ever....
Thank God for Old Geezers!....

17 comments:

Kathy said...

I like that =) and it's true too!

Smilingsal said...

I'm one of those Geezers too. I join with you in being proud of having manners.

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

Fun...I am not an old geezer as defined by that list, but I do remember quite a bit of it. Have a great day!

Shellmo said...

I wish more people were like old geezers! The world would be a better place!

Judy said...

Smiling as I read it, I am quite happy to fall in the Geezer category, even if only in a partial way. So much truth in that article. Thank you for sharing it.

Judy said...

One more thing in regards to the Geezer category...you do not look to be the part even though you claim to be.

Anne said...

I liked that e-mail your friend sent you. Thanks for sharing.

Judith said...

thank you for that I hope you don't mind me sharing that with my old geezers at the Sheltered Housing Complex tomorrow? Judith

The Muse said...

AMEN!
Put me on the roll call :)

Barb said...

Hi there,

I am a young at heart "old geezer".
What a beautiful post, especially for now!

hugs,
Barb

zetor said...

Well Carol, I'm with you in the 'geezer' gang!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I really love this! I'm not technically an Old Geezer because WWII was before my time, BUT emotionally, I'm an Old Geezer. :-)

XO,

Sheila

pammie said...

old geezers RAWK!!! :)

Lisa said...

Amen!!!

Linda said...

This is great. Count me in!!

prof en retraite said...

Me, too! Only I prefer to call myself an old fuddy duddy! lol...Debbie

Sandy said...

I am so glad you all like that. I am an old geezer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails