Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Prayer For Our Nation.......


What ever our political affiliations may be we are all Americans. Now is the time to unite and support our in coming president. A president who is being sworn into office on this inaugural day with staggering responsibilities and overwhelming burdens......



Congratulations to our 44Th president, Barack Obama.
I pray that you will be able to lead our country in a
positive, dignified, safe, peaceful, and responsible way.....

Barack Obama...... A call to service.....



"A PRAYER FOR OUR NATION"

God bless America

and keep us safe and free-


Safe from all our enemies,

wherever they may be...

Teach us to walk humbly

and closer in Thy ways,

Give us faith and courage

and put purpose in our days,

Make each one of us aware

that each must do his part,

For in the individual

is where peace must have a start-

For a better world to live in

where all are safe and free

Must start with faith, and hope, and love

deep in the heart of me."

-Helen Steiner Rice-

15 comments:

Liz said...

Amen. :)

Lisa said...

I can not fathom wanting to lead a country. No matter what he does, he will have his supporters and his critics. To ask for that, shows such character and strength or at least I hope it does.

Kathy said...

Nicely put Carol. Thank you :)

Aaydens Mommy said...

wonderful post! I'm excited because this is the first time I actually got to watch the inauguration, I was always too young previously to really understand what was going on. =)

Shellmo said...

I am hopeful for all of us!

Ruthie said...

What a wonderful post. I agree wholeheartedly.
Let's also pray for President Bush as he takes up his life as a citizen.
Blessings

Paula said...

I pray that he will be half a good as all the people who voted for him think he will be....if he is then we will be okay

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Nice post! I agree, we are all one nation and it is time to work together and support our President.
The next four years will be hard one for him!

Smilingsal said...

I watched his speech and was impressed by his ability to communicate. I like that he honored Bush.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Amen, Carol! I join you in those prayers!

XO,

Sheila :-)

ceekay said...

Thanks for your well wishes on Lacee! She is a precious baby so FAR!

Anne said...

Oh I just loved that poem. I to watched Barack Obama being sworn in. He is right in saying that we all have a struggle ahead of us. But with the right decisions no matter how hard they are, (he said), we'll be able to move our country forward. I know that there aren't many Bush fans, but he ended his presidency (in my opinion) along with his wife in such class. I kind of felt sorry for him but also hopeful for our nations future. Great post!

Judy said...

Thank you for sharing that important advice on praying for our new President. I agree with all that you said. At this time in history, he, and his family certainly need prayer.

Anonymous said...

I only wish our great country could have shown respectfulness to President Bush-- being president is not easy by any means whoever it is.I thank our Lord that President Bush kept American soil safe on his watch even if the media were so opinionated. Thank You Carol for your post!
From another Karyl
(Carol)

Charli and me said...

Dear Karyl, I totally agree with you. It was very disheartening when I heard the boo's for president Bush at the inauguration. You are right. Being president is a hard and it seems a thankless job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails