Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday......


Ash Wednesday.........

Fasting - Praying - Almsgiving (acts of charity).......


Dear Lord,

As I make my Lenten journey with You, send me Your Spirit,

help me to turn away from sin,

and help me to fast and pray, so that I may know You and serve You better.

Let me be renewed through my grace with the world.

Amen

If you would like to learn more about Lent, find daily prayers, and look for activities you can share with your family just click on the purple button on my side bar......



'People of goodwill around the globe are answering the call to be peacemakers by turning to prayerful, peaceful, positive responses'
If you would like to take the written pledge and become a peacemaker just click on the button on my side bar.

"Do people weigh you down?
Don't carry them on your shoulders.
Take them into your heart."
-Dom Helder Camara-

I hope you have a lovely and peaceful day!
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

Neabear said...

I like how you pay attention to the Liturgical calendar. I like to do that too. Tonight we will go to the Ash Wednesday service at our church.

♥ Kathy said...

I will definitely check out the link ♥

Channon said...

Thanks for reminding me that I was going to decide what to give up for Lent while we were at the beach. Ooops! Hmmm... I'd better come to a conclusion quickly.

pinta said...

Ciao Carol
how are you?
big hug to you and charli

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hope this is a very special time of peace and prayer for you, Carol.

XO,

Sheila :-)

zetor said...

Thankyou for your kind comment. Just returned from receiving the ashes and Mass. Forty days seem a long time without chocolate!!!

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing that Lenten prayer with us. It helps to get into the mind frame of Lent. Peace & love, Anne

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing that Lenten prayer with us. It helps to get into the mind frame of Lent. Peace & love, Anne

Shellmo said...

Thank you for the prayer and link! What is Charli giving up (or doing) for lent?

Related Posts with Thumbnails