Monday, February 23, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, a post hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Every Monday a group of us gals get together to post something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site....



This week I thought I would share my precious homemade doll with you. Isn't she lovely? I just love her! She's one of my very favorite things. I know, I know, I say that all the time, but that's because my home is filled with little treasures that are important to me and have great sentimental value......

My niece Lara gave me this sweet doll one day years ago when she came over for tea. I think I may have mentioned before that I have three nieces who are all nurses. Lara is an ICU nurse and a darn good one. She won the Daisy Award for excellence in Nursing. On her days off she relaxes by making these wonderful little dolls. She doesn't sell them, but rather gives them to fortunate friends and family members like me........

This lovely little girl is decked out with flowers and bows from her head right on down to her ankles. Don't you just love her lace collar? She has an appliqued heart on her apron that matches her flowered dress. All of her clothes are hand sewn and her shoes are even hand painted to match her blue dress. Now how did my niece know that blue is my favorite color?....
Happy Blue Monday everyone!......
I can't wait to stop by and see all your pretty blues.....
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

Smilingsal said...

You have a kind-hearted niece to give you her handmade dolls. Oops! You haven't linked in yet. I stumbled on this post when I checked in.

Shellmo said...

You're niece is so talented! That doll is so lovely!!

♥ Kathy said...

What a beautiful doll your niece made! I have a lot of favorite things too ;) lol Happy Blue Monday Carol!

Neabear said...

I love your doll! If you ever get tired of her you could send her to me. Hint hint. Heehee. That is so cool that your niece gave her to you. That is precious. No wonder it is one of your favorite things. Thanks for visiting me today. Happy Blue Monday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

She is just precious, Carol, with all of her girly girl clothes and bows! I can see why you love her. Just a little "doll." :-)

Happy Blue Monday and much love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Carrie said...

Your doll is a wonderful gift from someone special in your life.

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, how precious and to think your niece made this for you even makes her more precious!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet doll made by a sweet friend.

ellen b said...

Sweet doll with very cute blue clothing! Happy Blue to you...

Lisa said...

Your doll is so cute. How sweet of your niece to make her for you.

nikkicrumpet said...

She's a beautiful little doll...and even more precious because it was a gift from your niece. She is a very talented lady!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Homemade dolls are so beautiful, especially when they are made by someone you love. I do not know if I told you this or not, but your three neices being nurses, reminded me to tell you that my middle daughter is a nurse. All nurses hold a very special place in my heart. It is hard work, and their jobs are so important!

Dawn said...

What a thoughtful niece! The doll is beautiful!! I'm sure you adore your doll!

take care,
Dawn

Susan said...

Happy Blue Monday!

Wonderful handmade doll!

Susan

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a sweet little doll. Made even more special since it was made and given to you with love from your niece.

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

The doll is such a darling. It makes it even more precious because she was made out of love. Aren't we all fortunate to have love ones? :-)

Sweetie said...

Nurses are special. It was so nice of your niece to make you such a pretty doll. She's exquisite.

Madeline's Album said...

I think we all appreciate handmade items given in love by someone special. Your doll is precious. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails