Thursday, February 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........



Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/
A post where book lovers such as my self are asked specific questions related to books..........
This week's question is suggested by Kat:
"I recently got new bookshelves for my room, and I am loving them. Spent the afternoon putting up my books and sharing it on my blog. One of my friends asked a question and I thought it would be a great BTT question. So from Tina & myself, we'd like to know... How do you arrange your books on your shelves? Is it my author, by genre, or you just put it where it falls on?"

I have a total of six book cases in various places with in my home and I am seriously considering adding a seventh. Each unit is arranged a little differently. Some of them are arranged in sections of children's books, old nursing books, cliff notes, entertaining/cook books, poetry, literature, and encyclopedias, but most of them all have a variety of different subjects with in them. I also like to try to arrange my books according to height although that is not always possible. One of my book cases contains nothing but recently read books which are readily available to loan out to friends and family......

These pictures are of the book case in my office. The top shelf contains some of my old nursing books. It also holds a Spanish and German dictionary I sometimes used for work. The second and third shelves have some children's books, a few books on entertaining, some cliff notes, and a variety of books I've read. All of the shelves contain various pieces of my collection of nurses....

Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!....
I hope all of you have a lovely day!...
With warmest regards, Carol

7 comments:

Vee said...

Now that's an interesting question. I think we treat the storage of books somewhat similarly.

Debbie said...

I would love to have a book "case" and not just a book shelf.

Smilingsal said...

I love a glass doore bookcase.

Shellmo said...

I love that bookcase w/ the glass doors! It's a pretty way to display books! I have mine in boxes and random places - but after seeing this, I need some book cases!

Aaydens Mommy said...

I just love your book case. We only have one and it is just a book shelf. It is getting pretty full though so we will need another one...I'm just running out of room! lol. We just had to move it out of the spare room and into the living room for the baby. =)

♥ Kathy said...

Wow 6! :) The one in the picture is beautiful. I love the doors. I have 2 bookshelves. One for my Stephen King books and one for everything else. My mom is like you and has lots and lots of bookshelves! Happy Thursday Carol ♥

Lisa said...

Your shelves are beautiful. Doors for keeping the dust away would be wonderful.

I try not to collect books. I moved 13 times in five years, and books are heavy to carry. Even though we have been in this house for 19 years, I don't like to have a lot of stuff, including books. The books that I do own, are arranged by size, except for cookbooks. I keep those grouped together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails