Thursday, February 26, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........




Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A post where book lovers like my self get together to answer specific questions related to books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site........


This week our questions are as follows:
Hardcover? Or paperback?
Illustrations? Or just text?
First editions? Or you don't care?
Signed by the author? Or not?



Over all I prefer paper back books because they are cheaper, easier to handle, and less difficult to store. I do refer back to my books, especially if I like a certain paragraph, a quote, or something like that. For those reasons I do like to keep them on hand, rather than giving them away , or throwing them out. However if it is a book with illustrations such as an art, travel, or a book on architecture with lovely old buildings I would definitely prefer the hard cover. These books are usually quite beautiful and over sized. They are the type of books I might consider leaving out on a coffee table or on a bedside table in a guest room.....

I like books with illustrations even if it does happen to be a novel. Many of the books I read are historical fiction and I enjoy seeing pictures of the people, maps, or the towns I am reading about........

As far as first editions are concerned, it really doesn't matter to me......

The only time I might care if a book were signed by an author would be if it was a personal friend who wrote the book, or someone ultra famous that had something profound to say like Eleanor Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, or Ghandi......

Happy BTT everyone!..... I hope you have a wonderful day!.......

With warmest regards, Carol


4 comments:

Aaydens Mommy said...

I prefer paperback books as well! Sometimes the hard cover ones are over sized and hard to handle, and store as you said. =) I like to look at illustrations as well! It makes it easier to picture what I am reading about.

♥ Kathy said...

Me too! I told Sally on her BTT post paperbacks just feel better in my hands! Happy Thursday Carol ♥

Smilingsal said...

I do not collect books; I read and enjoy them. Then I pass them along. Happy Booking Through Thursday!

Neabear said...

I have been trying to downsize our collection. We have gotten rid of a bunch to the library. But we still have a lot too. Right now it seems I will never run out of books to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails