Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dogs on Thursday........



Welcome to Dogs on Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ This is where a group of dog lovers like myself get together once a week to write a post about their most precious four legged friends. If you are interested in joining our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs on Thursday web site...

Something is wrong with Charli. She's just not LISTENING. We go through this a couple of times a year where she ignores me and gets into all kinds of trouble. I know she hasn't been herself the past couple of weeks and has been moping around the house. We honestly thought she might have had a case of cabin fever but this week she has certainly made up for it. Charli knows she is not supposed to touch the pillows on the sofa and yet every time I go into the living room there they are on the floor. She also knows she's not supposed to touch the throw on my chair but that to has been laying all over the floor. I pick it up, fold it neatly on the chair, walk out of the room, and there it is on the floor again. Last night Charli got into the garbage! This is something she never ever does. Then this morning I caught her up in the window again. She knows she's not supposed to be up there. She climbs from the chair, to the end table, and then over to the window. I'm worried she is going to hurt herself, not to mention, she is scratching up the wood on my window. I finally had to move my chair over to the other side of the room. Charli has been a regular little hooligan all week long...
I have no idea what could possibly be causing this behavior.....


When I try to talk to her about it
she acts very innocent and looks at
me like she doesn't have a clue as to
what I'm talking about.....
Has anyone else had this problem? What do you think could be going on? Do you think it's an early case of spring fever or what?


I hope every one else's week has been going well.....
I look forward to hearing from you.....
With warmest regards, Carol

21 comments:

zetor said...

Oh Charli is gorgeous, and such a poser, lol!

Tina. said...

Hahahaha! Me thinks Charli has discovered a knew game! But hooligan? Nah say it isn't so!

Happy DOT's from Honey Dew and Sampson.

Kathy said...

I can't believe Charli is being a bad girl :( I had a dog that acted that way when she got older but Charli isn't that old is she? I'll ask my momma if she has any ideas. She runs a pet sitting business and deals with lots of doggies. :)

Marjie said...

I think Charli's just bored. Your yard looks like ours, and isn't fit for 2- or 4-footed people! Especially not when the high temperature is 10, like today. The boys play rope with Thor to try to keep him from going stir crazy, but on these cold days, he still goes out 10 or 12 times a day, then whines because it's too cold. Hopefully, that's Charli's problem, too, because you may need new couch pillows otherwise! Thor sends a big WOOF your way!

Channon said...

My dogs tend to do that too. Sissy - like Mugsy before her - acts up when she's not getting enough exercise. Gretchen - also like Mugsy - gets herself in trouble when the humans don't play thinking games with her. Fred? Fred just turned off his listening ears when he got mad about something, which was more often than I care to admit... Only lots of baby talk and lovins' from the Knight would turn his ears back on.

Madeline's Album said...

What ever her problem is, Charli is so sweet looking I know there is no way you can stay mad at her.
Have a good day. Madeline

dogquilter said...

it must be Charli's invisible friend...Charli is just too cute and innocent looking for it to be her :)

Shellmo said...

That photo w/ Charli tilting her head is precious! How old is she? Dependent on age - is she going thru the "teen" years or a mid-life crisis? LOL!

Judy said...

I know that I should not be smiling as I am reading your post today. "Charli" sounds normal to me, since I have listened to the stories of my family and friends and their dog situations. Let me know how it all turns out, but in the meantime Charli is one cute dog!!

Judith said...

is it the teenage years? lol Judith

Smilingsal said...

Any dog or cat is going to get in that window. The temptation to look out (and thereby guard their castle!) is the way God made them. Now, about the pillows and the throw and the GARBAGE!... perhaps she's bored.

Charli and me said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments. Little Charli is three years old ♥

prof en retraite said...

Awwww! Look at those big brown eyes! Surely you must be mistaken!!! lol...Debbie

Anne said...

What a cute post. I think that picture that you took of Charli, with the one of her looking up is the cutest picture I've seen of her on your blog. And one of your best pictures that you have captured of her. I just love this picture of her. These mini schnauzers are so adorable. I've always said that is why I got Peeper, because of Charli. There such good dogs. I know that little Charli has been acting up a bit, but I agree that she probably has a touch of cabin fever with all that pretty sunshine shining through your windows. =)

Firefly Nights said...

Poor little Charlie. Is she looking for more attention or in need of more exercise? Or is she upset about something?

"Ice Pony Girl" said...

Love those ears!

imjacobsmom said...

Oh Charli must have spring fever. I bet she is just sick and tired of being indoors all day long. I bet she gets over it soon. Hugs from Miles and Robyn

Aaydens Mommy said...

oh poor Charli, she probably is getting cabin fever! poor little thing! I feel bad for her. I hope she doesn't give you too much more trouble. She IS the cutest little thing though. =)

ceekay said...

Aawww, how can you be upset with her. She is so precious, what is a few pillows on the floor and !!scratches on an expensive window sill....look at that face. You forgive her, I know you do!!

♥ Kathy said...

Here's the answer I promised to get from my momma:

HA!!! A regular little "butt"! I remember that Aardie and Shasta used to do things like that all the time! Aardie especially! I don't know if you remember how - when you all still lived at home - he used to toss the bed pillows off of the beds as soon as I wasn't paying attention? And he often pulled down the blankets on our bed, and took the throws off of our sofa, too. Shasta probably helped him a lot, because she was here with him all those years. I would bet that Charli's problem is she is bored. She is a Schnauzer, and they are very high-energy dogs AND very intelligent! Aardie was a Border Collie (extremely high-energy and high-intelligence) and Shasta was part Schnauzer, part Wire-haired Dashchund (another high-energy, high-intelligence breed). These dogs have to be stimulated. When they are not exercised enough, they take their boredom out by entertaining themselves - usually by doing things you don't want them to do! Even if you remove all the things you don't want them to touch and rearrange things so they can't get to the other stuff, they will find something else to do that will drive you nuts! So, you simply have to find a way to help them get enough exercise. So, tell your friend that she will need to find a way to exercise Charli more - maybe just take her to a dog park where she can run around with other dogs, off of a leash, and wear herself out. It doesn't have to be but half an hour, but it will make a difference.

Maybe that helps :) ♥ Kathy

Molly and Yoda say...spay and neuter your pets. said...

inetilWe think Charli is just in need of a bit more attention and exercise. When it gets cold we don't get out as much. We are sure Charli doesn't mean to be bad.

Molly and Yoda

Related Posts with Thumbnails