Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Punchki Day!......


Happy Punchki Day!.........


It used to be that I would have to travel to Hamtamck to get an authentic Paczki but these days all I have to do is go to the American Polish Cultural Center right here in my area. Today is a very busy day as people come from miles around to get their Punchki's for Punchki day. Located on the corner of fifteen Mile Rd and Dequindre, in Troy, is a small community of stores where one is able to experience Polish culture and heritage. Although I'm not Polish myself it is one of my very favorite places to go.....



The American Polish Cultural Center is not only a banquet hall, but is also open for lunch and dinner where authentic Polish food is served. Here you can also take dance classes, learn the Polish language, and even play cards. A couple of times a year they put on craft events which is always open to the public. It also boasts of a small library. If you click on this link http://americanpolishcenter.com/ you can learn more about it. The link includes a photo gallery which is quite interesting.....



To the left of the cultural center is a group of buildings that holds the offices of local Polish physicians and a Polish credit Union......










Across the street is a small strip mall where you can make all of your travel arrangements, get your hair done, see an eye doctor, buy books, newspapers, and even rent videos all in the Polish language......





This mall also includes one of my favorite places which is the Polish Market. They specialize in European foods and imports. They have the most amazing things! I could spend hours looking around inside of this store. This is where I'm sure to find my butter lambs every year for Easter. You can get a little peak at all of the wonderful things they offer by clicking on the following link http://thepolishmarketinc.com/

I do hope where ever you are, if you celebrate Punchki Day, you are able to get an authentic Paczki. There is nothing quite like it. They are sooo unbelievably good!

Blessings to all of you on this beautiful sunny Punchki Day!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

A world that I have never stepped into, but it looks to be very interesting. I will go to the website and look at all they have to offer. "Happy Punchki Day"to you, my friend! Hope your day is a real good one!

♥ Kathy said...

My mother's family is Polish (and me too a little lol). My Great Aunt Stella came to America as an infant from Poland. Happy Punchki Day Carol! ♥

Michael said...

Ok so now I'm HUNGRY!

nikkicrumpet said...

They sell those in our local Big Y market...but I've never tried one...I guess I need to do it for sure!

Smilingsal said...

sigh There's nothing like that where I live. Mail me some, please.

Lisa said...

Those look yummy!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

They look delicious!

Shellmo said...

I wish I had that cultural center a little closer to me!!! Sigh....

Shelia said...

Hi Carol. I'm not familiar with this little Polish treat, but by the looks of it - I would love it! What a neat area to explore!
I'll put your little name in my giveaway!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

It looks really yummy :-) especially the one with chocolate (I assume). Is it similar to donuts but in a Polish version? Oh I guess it does not matter. I'm sure it is still yummy. :-)

The "punchki" word is cute.

disa said...

A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風

Related Posts with Thumbnails