Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am in a quandary........



I am in a quandary............

My camera has been acting up for months. I know I should have been out looking for a new one but I always put it off for one reason or another. Well yesterday my camera completely shut down. The poor thing was so old. It truly was a dinosaur. I really ran it into the ground taking it every where I went and especially since I started blogging. It was one of those big bulky things that I was constantly hitting on things or dropping. It was so old that the chips aren't even sold in the stores any more and have to be special ordered...

After finding out my camera would have to be shipped to another state to be fixed, if possible, and that it would be gone at least ten days I decided it just wasn't worth it. I grabbed my purse and headed out to the store to get a new one....



Buying a camera is serious and complicated business these days. I was told one camera was capable of doing this and that the other camera was capable of doing that. Then I was told that I need to consider this and I need to consider that. The list just goes on and on. Of course there are also the many colors and styles to choose from........


How did buying a simple camera become such a pain staking ordeal. Thanks to the Internet I was able to come home and do a little research of my own. I at least have some idea now of what I'm looking for. I just want a little steam line camera that isn't to expensive but takes nice pictures.......

What about you? Are you pleased with the type of camera you have? I'm looking for all of the suggestions and tips I can get. I would really love to hear from you....
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I just keep buying Nikons, because change frightens me. I am sure other people will be able to weigh in on what is the best.

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! I know the feeling. There are so many different cameras and prices to choose from! I'm truly satisfied with mine and what it does. It's an Olympus and I like the zoom and I've learned to be a better photographer, I think, using it.
Good luck,
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

♥ Kathy said...

The camera Tim gave me for Christmas is a HP Photosmart (I don't even want to know how much it cost!) and it's just awesome but my son has one that he bought at Walmart for (I think) $130. It takes excellent pictures too. I think with electronics a little bit of extra money spent is worth it. You get what you pay for is true when it comes to some things and electronics are just one of them :) Good luck! I hope you find one you love and take lots of pictures!!

KATHERINELLEN said...

Carol,
I agree with you....I was told the same way...I was looking at the olympic,Kodak, Sony...But I was really looking at the Prices too. I ended up with Kodak Sharing (C8130 8.5 Zoom-in. I am please with my camera...It has a different things you can put for your shot...like if you taking a picture of flower...you can switch it the flower design knob from the auto-shot. My friend has a very expensive camera....and she has told me that my pictures takes better pics than hers...I do agree...I only paid $113 for it at Walmart. Good Luck... I know what you are going through...only you can make that decision. Thanks for stopping by...I have done my laundry room,bathroom,kitche...livingroom....now what I hve left is my two bedroom,closet,and computer room...I am already tired...but hoping I will be through by Sat....LOl. Thanks for your sweet comment...and being so faithful visiting me...Have a wonderful week and weekends...Kathy

zetor said...

Hello Carol. I have a Nikon Coolpix 5900. We've bought it about 3 years ago and found it good. It is 5.1 megapixels and a 3x zoom. It is fairly small, easily fits in my bag. All the photos under photography label on my blog are taken by it.Before we bought it we checked out a few photography magazines for advice. Happy Shopping.

Anne said...

No suggestions here, sorry. But it looks like your getting a lot of feed back. Hopefully that will help you decide what's best for you. I have a digital Kodak camera with 8.1 mega pixels. It takes good pictures for what I need it for and it cost my hubby $150-$200. It was a gift so he won't give me a clear answer on the price. =) It's silver and sleek and small. I like it. Maybe I did have a suggestion after all. =)

Aaydens Mommy said...

I have a Nikon and I don't care for it at all! but everyone is different. I've heard nothing but great things about the Olympus cameras. Maybe look into those?!? I see some other have left good comments on here about them as well!

Michael said...

I had a Sony for 3 years or so and just switched to a Canon Elf. The main reason I switched was because my battery was lasting a whole 5 min, and just made sense to get a new camera. I love the Canon, although I am far from an expert!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Carol, I am not sure if adding my two cents will be of any value, but my husband did some investigating before purchasing his camera last year, and he bought a Nikon Coolpix. He and I have been so very happy with it. My personal camera is a Sony 1080 Cybershot. It is a bigger camera than his, but I really like it also. Just since you asked.

Charli and me said...

I really appreicate all the suggestions you have given me. I wrote them all down and tomorrow I'm heading out to make a choice. Thank you so much :>)

My Maine Cottage said...

Hey Carol~

I am ready for an upgrade myself! I've been using the Cannon PowerShot and have been very pleased with it. Its been very easy to use & durable. The photographs come out good too. But its not a top of the line camera, which is why I'm ready to upgrade. However its a great basic & moderatly priced camera.

-Elizabeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails