Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Valentine's basket........

My Valentine's Basket.......



How many of you have been busy decorating or baking for Valentine's Day? In my family it was celebrated as Saint Valentine's Day. A day to spread love to our family, our school, and our community. We made mailboxes and home made Valentine's for our family, wrote out Valentine's for our school parties, and my mother baked delicious deserts for our family, neighbor's, and friends. I wrote a post here on my blog last year about the lovely cake my mother made especially for us every year on Valentine's Day. My husband and I have been married forty three years and we still make each other home made Valentine's cards....

Today I wanted to share my Valentine's basket with you. I've had this basket for many years and I use it for a variety of things leading up to and on Valentine's Day. Sometimes I store my Valentine's supplies in it and other times I pack it with candy to be delivered to our grandchildren. One year, when our grandchildren were very small, my husband and I hosted a party at Chucky Cheese. I brought along this basket filled with sugar cookies in the shape of hearts. It's very handy to store and carry things in. It also looks very festive sitting out on the table. I notice some blue. Humm... I probably should have saved this post for Blue Monday......


What about you? Is there anything special you have, or use year after year, that's dear to your heart at this time of year?
I look forward to hearing from you......
With warmest regards, Carol

15 comments:

Kathy said...

You're basket is so pretty! When my kids were little we always made Valentine's. Now that it's just me & Tim we usually have a quiet dinner to celebrate.

Firefly Nights said...

Love your basket and your traditions that go with it. The only Valentine's Day tradition we have here is not to buy any flowers since the prices double on the big day. I do like roses but we save it for another day when they don't cost an arm and a leg.

Shelia said...

HI Carol! What a lovely basket! I used to love helping decorate my kids Valentine boxes for school. Those days are over now!
Hugs to sweet little Charlie from Chloe Dawn and me!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Smilingsal said...

When my children were small, I used to help them make and address Valentines for every child in their classroom. We made sure to never leave anyone out.

Judith said...

love the basket - Nigel & I normally go out for a meal -don't tend to buy flowers etc as they are twice or thrice the price just for Valentines Day!!

avagdro said...

Thank you Charli,So cute gift baskets.Have a joyful Valentine's day ahead.

lol:)
Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore

Kamelia said...

Love this cute valentines basket... I like handmade stuff!!

Shellmo said...

I love the fact that you and you husband still make each other valentines cards! And that basket is so pretty! I think I need to start my own valentine tradition this year!!

Anne said...

Oh I just love your Valentine's basket. It is very festive. I didn't know that you and Dad made each other homemade Valentine's cards. How sweet. ♥

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a pretty basket. I imagine that your carrier of good wishes makes many people smile.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very pretty, Carol! And the traditions are so special. Thanks for sharing.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Madeline's Album said...

I love your basket it is very pretty. I decorate my home for valentines day with crafts I have made and things my children have given me. I always buy my husband a box of candy and he gives me a bouquet of carnations. I send my young grandchildren and great grandchild valentines. I will send e-mails to the older grandchildren wishing them a happy valentines day.

Margie said...

Hi Carol, your basket is one of the sweetest and the family traditions are so special. When the girls were younger we used to make cards for each other and put them in the post box. hugs Margie.

Charli and me said...

Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments.

Judi said...

Hi Carol
What a nice shaped basket and dressed so pretty for Valentine's Day too. Sugar cookies..oh yum they would be so lovely served up in there.
I think I am going to make some Valentine's sugar cookies, maybe with Madeline for my guys and for work too.

I used to put a little Valentine and goody and pack it in with my sons' lunches when they were little...or I would make heart shaped pancakes...

Marc and I exchange cards and hugs and little goodies....

I have moved Carol...I'm at Blogspot..come by and visit me!
have a lovely day
Judi

Related Posts with Thumbnails