Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank you Lisa!.......




Thank you Lisa!.......

Last week my friend Lisa, at http://akawest.blogspot.com/ gave me this lovely award. Thank you so much Lisa! This beautiful award also came with a tag....

According to the tag, I am supposed to list seven things I love, and then pass the award/tag on to seven other blogger's. I like the idea of everyone participating so I hope all of you will consider accepting this award/tag from me. I think it's a fun way of getting to know one another.....

I have done this tag in the past so I hope I won't be repetitious, but besides God, my family, Charli, and all of my friends here in blog land and otherwise, I love the following things....

1. I just love foggy mornings. There is something very beautiful and mysterious about them. I like it best when the sun is just coming up, the fog is visible, and it sort of drifts along above the ground. I think fog is probably one of the reasons why Autumn is my favorite season. We tend to have a lot of it here in the fall in the area where I live.......

2. I love chick flicks. My hubby always teases me because he says they all end the same way but I just love watching them. Hallmark and life time are two of my favorite TV channels......

3. I love a freshly manicured lawn. I think there is nothing more prettier than a recently weeded flower garden and freshly mowed lawn. They even smell wonderful to me.......

4. I love to read. Just give me a good book and I will be content for hours on end.......

5. I'm a bath girl. If I'm feeling stressed, tired, have a problem, or just want to relax I will take a nice long hot bath. I like to turn off all the lights, light a candle, and listen to soft music played on a violin. Believe it or not, some of my best thinking and problem solving has been done in a bath tub.........

6. I love cake! Any kind of cake. When I go to showers, weddings, birthdays, or really any kind of party I'm most interested in the cake. I love to see how they are decorated and I especially love how they taste. My little grandson Ryan is the same way. Everyone in our family teases us because we are always saying, we can't wait to see the cake, "Where's the cake?" or "When are we going to cut the cake?"........

7. I love to wake up on a summer morning when I have nothing pressing on my schedule. I love it when windows are open and I can feel a gentle breeze. I like to take a few minutes to lay in bed, say my prayers, listen to the birds, and watch the shadows dancing across my bedroom walls and ceiling. It's usually very quiet except for the birds and the sound of my coffee pot perking away in the kitchen.....

Well, those are some of the things I love....... I would love to hear from you......

I hope everyone has a beautiful day!....

With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Smilingsal said...

More things we share. I love the smell of freshly cut grass too. And I love cake. You KNOW I love to read. BTW: I published my review of a GOOD one today. Take a look.

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/

Aaydens Mommy said...

I love the smell of cut grass too, and fog in the morning is beautiful! You have to take time to appreciate those little things in life, that is for sure. I loved your list.

♥ Kathy said...

Congratulations on your award! You certainly deserve it :) I love the smell of fresh cut grass too and Lifetime..lol The Golden Girls has been my favorite sitcom for 20 years I think. Tim says I know every word to every episode but I don't care :) I'm going to keep watching them until they take them off the air!

Vee said...

We share a few things...I do not, however, enjoy fog very much. Driving in it is my least favorite weather hazard.

Lying in bed for a few extra minutes on a beautiful summer day is nothing short of heaven!

Shellmo said...

You listed so many nice things! My sister and I will join you as part of the cake lovers group! And a fog in the morning is beautiful...

Madeline's Album said...

At my age I enjoy alot of the same things you do. Mostly I just enjoy waking up each morning to a new day and enjoying what ever comes my way. Have a great day.

Lisa said...

I think you should eat cake in the bath while reading a book. Something about that brings the Cat in the Hat to my mind. I think he read a book while balancing on a unicycle or something. Multitasking might be melting my mind.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

We love a lot of the same things, Carol! I love cakes, fresh grass, books, and resting in! Fog... is nice from time to time, particularly when it's in St. Augustine because it looks like Europe.

XO,

Sheila :-)

prof en retraite said...

Hi Carol...I loved this post! We found out some really interesting things about you. I also love Fall and freshly mowed lawns! Unlike a bed, a lawn will stay "made" for a little longer!! Great post...Debbie

Judy said...

Carol, I really enjoyed reading your list. I was surprised at how many of your listed things, I would have picked, except the cake. It seems to me, we should live closer together because, I love to bake cakes but do not enjoy eating them. But all of the others on the list, I could have written about me. Thank you for sharing about you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails