Monday, March 2, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, a post hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Every Monday a group of us gals get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site.......



This week I thought I would share one of my prints with you. I was first introduced to Vincent Van Gogh through my Time Life Art books. I immediately fell in love with his style of painting even though the pictures could never give his work the Justice it deserves. Most of his paintings are very vibrant in color and texture. I was fortunate enough to actually get to see one at The Detroit Institute of Art years ago. It was just unbelievable. The paint was so thick and rich. I have never seen anything like it. This particular print is called 'Bank Of The Olise At Auvers' It was painted in 1890.......

This Van Gogh has been hanging in my half bath for years. I think it's a very pretty and cheery print. Do you notice all of the different shades of blue?......
Happy Blue Monday everyone!.....
I look forward to stopping by and seeing all of your wonderful blues!......
With warmest regards, Carol

25 comments:

bj said...

Good morning...
This is a pretty print. Wasn't he the one that cut his ear off? :O)
He was indeed a fine artist...
xo bj

Shellmo said...

I enjoy Van Gogh too!!

P.S. Don't forget to email me your address for your giveaway prizes! I have my email listed on the post.

♥ Kathy said...

Beautiful Carol..I love it because of the water..there's something about water in a photo or a painting that appeals to me. Happy Blue Monday ♥ Love, Kathy

Vee said...

Isn't it fun to see an admired artist's work in person? I am always surprised by something about it. Most recently, I saw Andrew Wyeth's work and it was sooooo beige. That intrigued me.

Smilingsal said...

I love Van Gogh; his paintings show so much movement. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Aaydens Mommy said...

I love that painting in your bathroom! I remember learning about Van Gogh back in school, and he really is a good artist. =)

zetor said...

Lovely paintings. The blues/greens are very soothing.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I am out the door in a few, but I wanted to drop by and wish you a Happy Blue Monday. Love Van Gogh! I have two books of his works, and I adore him. Great print! :-)

I wanted to see how Charli is, and I hope she's much better each day and will be fine. Mr. Magpie and I are concerned for her and you. Just wanted to send you our love...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tina. said...

Nice painting, love your Irish theme too. How is Charli doing?

Neabear said...

Hi there. Happy Blue Monday. I hope Charli is okay today. Also I love all your St Patrick's Day decorating pics in your side bar. So cute!

Sweetie said...

What a beautiful Van Gogh painting. He is one of my favorite artists from that time period. I love your blog look. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Just a little something from Judy said...

You are so fortunate to own a Van Gogh. I like the print that you shared. Congratualtions on winning the Log Cabin giveaway.

LADY JANES' EMPORIUM said...

Love your post of Van Gogh...he was a true master! Happy Blue Monday!

Elaine said...

Your paintings are lovely. His paintings are just beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen one I didn't like. They are so vibrant but calming at the same time. Having that kind of touch is what made him a master artist I suppose.
Elaine :)

April said...

Very pretty prints you have there! Happy Blue Monday!

nikkicrumpet said...

I love the print...it's nice surrounding yourself with beautiful art.

Melissa Wertz said...

They are very pretty. Just beautiful. Happy Blue Monday!

KarenHarveyCox said...

Oh my...I love your blog decorated for St. Patty's Day, and even Charli! Your blue is lovely, and I am in love with your decorated blog.
Karen

Just a little something from Judy said...

Carol, I did have a lovely day today, thank you for asking. We had an unexpected snow storm, so I was in all day. Thank you for your many kind and caring words, in your visits to my blog.

Shelia said...

Hi Carol. Yes, it's a lovely print! I love Van Gogh paintings too!
LIttle Charli still doing okay!?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Shelia said...

Hi Carol. Yes, it's a lovely print! I love Van Gogh paintings too!
LIttle Charli still doing okay!?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Hello. Isn't it nice when nature/part of nature is painted? What a treasure!

Happy To Be said...

GM, just a Beautiful print thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Susan said...

I am running late. I hope you had a
Happy Blue Monday!

Susan

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Van Gogh.... the image moves through his brushstroke!

My son is also an admirer of Gogh.

These are beautiful pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails