Monday, March 9, 2009

Blue Monday.....



Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Each week a group of us gal's get together to post something blue. Thank you Sally for this fun post. If you are interested in joining our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site.......



This week I thought I would post a picture of the blueberry scones I made on Friday. They were so delicious! Do you see the blue? I also made apple scones and devonshire cream. My two scone recipes came from my friend Alice's blog at http://teainmycup.blogspot.com/ Both of these are delicious scone recipes that I have used over and over again. In the middle of the plate of scones I have placed some small cordial and toasting cups I found at my local fruit market. The cups are made of Belgian chocolate. Yummy! You can serve them with flavored liqueur, whipped cream, mousse, Irish cream, or mascarpone. They were a hit and are perfect for any occasion. When I have company for tea I always like to have some sort of a fruit plate. I don't know of any one who doesn't enjoy a little fresh fresh fruit with their tea......
Happy Blue Monday everyone!....
I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful blue!......
With warmest regards, Carol

21 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, your scones look so yummy! I just love themm with a cup of tea!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I adore scones! I ate so many of them when I visited Ireland last year I gained about 10 pounds --so worth it though!

Smilingsal said...

Johnny discovered that he LOVED scones when we went to England, so send one to him, please! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

zetor said...

I love blueberries I'll look up that recipe.

Susan S. said...

Yum...your blueberry scones sound DELICIOUS!!!

PS: Is Charlie a white schnauzer or is she just very silvery?!?!? I think she and my dog Carson would be great friends and look so cute together.

Brenda said...

They look wonderful. Now im BLUE because I can't have one =(

Just a little something from Judy said...

Carol, I look forward to trying both of the scone recipes. They look like they would taste so good! How perfect to share them on Blue Monday. You have them beautifully arranged too.

Shellmo said...

I love scones.....and with some devonshire cream or even lingonberry jam - yummy!!!

JudyBug said...

Oh your scones look just yummy!

JudyBug

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks delish!! Great Blue Monday post!

Susan said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....Hope you had a great Blue Monday!Yummmmmmmmmm I am soooooo tired from running around today...can I have 2? LOL
Susan

Tricia said...

I just finished supper and now I'm hungry all over again.

Tabbikat's Thoughts

imjacobsmom said...

I'm going to check the recipes, my Mom loves scones! They would be a great surprise! ~ Robyn

♥ Kathy said...

They look great Carol! I'm sorry I'm so slow getting around today..it's been a rough day for me :( Hope you had a nice day though. I'd love one of those scones with a cup of flavored coffee ;) ♥

Carol said...

You know, I've never eaten a scone in my life! I think it's time for me to try one. I'm going to have to try out your recipe.
Have a blessed day!
Carol

Madeline's Album said...

Your scones look so good. Wish I had one to go with my coffee. Have a blessed day.

Blondie's Journal said...

Carol,

Your picture has me craving tea & scones! I am wondering, as I have seen many times serving devonshire cream with scones, how this is made?

Happy Blue Monday!

xoxo
Jane

louise said...

... I would enjoy a Devonshire cream apple scone even more! x

Charli and me said...

Hi Jane,
I just sent you the recipe via e-mail. Please let me know if you have any problems recieving it and I will post it here.

Anne said...

I've tried your blueberry scones and your apple ones and they are deicious! Those little chocolate cups you had were really good to. Yum! Happy Blue Monday!

Neabear said...

Those look yummy-nummy in the tummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails