Monday, March 30, 2009

Blue Monday.....



Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ A post where a group of us gals get together on Monday's to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site....


I absolutely love stained glass. I like to visit older churches that have stained glass windows. I think they are so beautiful! I find that the various religious scenes are always so calming and comforting to me. I have often thought of replacing one of my windows with stained glass inserts but I know it's just not a good idea and especially for the resale of our home some day......
One day years ago I found this beautiful piece of stain glass in a small art shop I frequent. It's a depiction of Saint Gabriel. If you click on the picture you will be able to see the blue in the sky, on the garment, and on the border. It's very beautiful when the light hits it and especially in the mornings. It casts the most lovely shadows on the walls. It hangs in our living room which we have always used as a sort of a library, a quiet place to read, contemplate, have tea or coffee, and converse......
Happy Blue Monday everyone!.....
I look forward to seeing all of your pretty blues!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

21 comments:

Anne said...

I just love your stain glass picture. It's so pretty. Happy Blue Monday to you.

Smilingsal said...

Oh this is beautiful, Carol. It must make you smile just to look at those intense colors. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Lisa said...

Stained glass is very special. Yours is beautiful.Happy Blue Monday!

Shellmo said...

That stained glassed is exquisite and so pretty! I love it too! (I had thought about putting a small stained glass window in our cabin.)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Happy Blue Monday to you, my friend. Stained glass windows are one of my favorite things also. Our little church in the country has all old stain glass windows. I sit and look at the beauty of them each Sunday, especially the Sundays when the sun streams through them. The intense colors and the meaningful pictures always bless my heart. Your stain glass picture is lovely and I want to thank you for sharing it with us.

Tink *~*~* said...

There are places online where you can get vinyl window clings that are colored like stained glass. They look beautiful, too. That way you can have your stained glass and then just peel it away when it comes to resale.

Tink *~*~*
Colorful birds from Orlando, Florida

bj said...

Just beautiful, Carol. I, too, love stained glass. The colors of the glass with the sunlight behind them just seems magical.
xo bj

Deb said...

I love stain glass too, it is so beautiful, great pick!

Aaydens Mommy said...

I agree with everyone else that your stain glass picture is absolutely beautiful. I love it.

Vee said...

It is beautiful! I think you have the best of both worlds by displaying it the way you have.

Amanda said...

Original post for BM very pretty!

Madeline's Album said...

I agree with all the other post. Your stained glass piece is just beautiful..Happy Blue Monday to you and do have a great week. Madeline

♥ Kathy said...

Oh I love stained glass too Carol! My mother had a stained glass window made for their bathroom and I just stare at it when I'm in there lol she always wants to know why I'm taking so long! :D Happy Blue Monday!

Ruthie said...

That is beautiful. Come on over and see my "blue" post - and help me celebrate my One Year Blogoversary!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Carol, how lovely! I'm with you, I love stained glass, too, and I used to sit transfixed as a child, looking at the ornate stained glass in the antique windows in our church (circa 1859). I'm so glad you found that pretty piece and know you must enjoy it.

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Picket said...

I have always loved seeing vintage stain glass...there is just something so magical about it...This is beautiful girl...Happy Blue monday!

Lynda said...

What a beautiful stained glass window! I love churches that have them as well.

Sweetie said...

The stained glass window is beautiful. Many years ago there was a wealthy man that lived in our small town. He built several of the homes that are standing today. Each house that he built is characterized by a beautiful stained glass window.
Sweetie

Femin Susan said...

Stained glass is very beautiful....
Thanks for sharing.

CC said...

Ooooo, I love your window. How wonderful to have one of your very own. Happy belated Monday..have a lovely week.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....Hope you had a great Blue Monday!
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails