Thursday, March 5, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........



Welcome to Booking Through Thursday, http://btt2.wordpress.com/.
A post where book lovers such as myself get together weekly to answer specific questions related to reading and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.......


This week our questions are as follows:
We've all seen the lists, we've all thought, "I should really read that someday," but for all of us, there are still books on "The List" that we haven't actually gotten around to reading even though we know they're fabulous. Even though we know that we'll like them. Or just that they're supposed to be worthy. We just....haven't gotten around to them yet.
What's the best book that YOU haven't read yet?

This question really is impossible for me to answer. I have a collection of some of the greatest books ever written called the Great Books Of The Western World, published by Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc. Every book included in the collection was selectively chosen by a committee of consultants. My goal was to read every book in the collection once I retired. These books include authors like Calvin, Chaucer, Dante, Plato, Augustine, Tolstoy, Dickens, Rabelais, and Twain. Although I have read some of the books included in the series, and had read others prior to the purchase of these books, I still have a very long way to go. I have found that my life has completely changed since I've retired and I no longer have the time to commit to such an undertaking. I do read on a regular basis, but books, and blogs for that matter, come up all the time that look like they would be interesting to read and my collection of great books once again gets put on hold. Just looking at the authors I have included here I ask you how could I possibly pick the "best book I haven't read"?
Happy Booking through Thursday Everyone!....
I hope all of you are having a lovely day!.......
With warmest regards, Carol

5 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

That does seem like a hard question to answer..I think you answered it really well though! Better than I would of anyway :) Hope you're having a nice day today Carol ♥

Shellmo said...

Gosh - that is a hard question! I am trying to revist classics I missed in my younger years.
Hope you & charli are staying warm today!

Smilingsal said...

You're right; that's exactly why I did not try to answer it!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I have a list of books that I look forward to reading, but right now it just does not happen. I thought maybe it would when I retire...but maybe not then either. I must admit, I had more time to read before blogging began in my life. I am fascinated by the interesting blogs that I have discovered. Hope you are having a lovely day today.

zetor said...

That collection sound very impressive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails