Thursday, March 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/
A post where book lovers such as myself are asked specific questions related to reading and books. If you are interested in joining our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site..........
This weeks questions were inspired by Tami....
"What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers? Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?".........
I will answer the second question first. I don't think a book like the one written by O.J. should EVER be made into a movie and I will just leave it at that.......


There are many books out there that I think would make good movies, but the two books that come to mind I think would make great movies would be 'Arc Of Justice' and 'The Dante Club'......
The 'arc Of Justice' is a true story which is centered around the race riots of Detroit in the 1920's. It's the story of Doctor Ossian Sweet and the famous trial that ensued following a mob incident outside of his home. The NAACP brought national attention to the case and the famous Clarence Darrow agreed to represent Dr. Sweet and his friends. It is a riveting and provocative story about race, cilvil rights, murder, corruption, and the ghettos of the Black Bottom during the jazz age in Detroit. The reader is able to follow Clarence Darrow as he presents his case to the Wayne Country court system. It is an excellent book and is a part of history that should never be forgotten.........

'The Dante Club' would make an excellent murder mystery that seems to be what sells best in the movie industry these days. It is action packed and full of suspense. A serial murderer is on the loose in Boston in 1865. The killer sets up all the murders to resemble scenes from Dante's Inferno. The Dante Club, who are all Dante scholars, set out to solve the murders. The club consists of an elitist group that includes James Russell Lowell, Wendell Holmes, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and J.T. Fields. I can just see all of the characters in my mind and I think it would make a great movie.......



As far as a producer goes I really don't have an answer to that one......
Happy Booking through Thursday everyone!........
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

jlshall said...

I think The Dante Club would make a terrific movie, too. It might be a little too "literary" for most tastes, but I'd certainly enjoy it. Good choices.

♥ Kathy said...

Well I just added two future movies to my viewing list! At the very least I'll read the books lol they sound great and I've never read either one.

prof en retraite said...

I was not familiar with either of the books, but The Dante Club is right up my alley....a murder mystery set in the past! I will check this one out...thanks!!...Debbie

Shellmo said...

I'll have to put that Dante Club on my reading list - thank you!!
P.S. I hope you get your button soon - let me know! I'll contact them if you don't receive tomorrow.

Vee said...

I enjoyed reading your comments about both books and now am curious. I always get that way when I read a good critique.

Sometimes I think this or that book would make a good movie and then wonder why it hasn't yet happened. I think that "The Shack" would make a fun and instructive movie also a teary one, but I think it would get a lot of flack from the more staid side of the Christian community.

Smilingsal said...

These sound like two movies I'd go see.

Madeline's Album said...

Since I like Mystery books, I believe the Dante Club is the one for me. Have good evening. Madeline

Lisa said...

The Dante Club sounds great. I'll have to look that one up. Thanks.

Femin Susan said...

Hi.....
I enjoyed reading your comments about both books ......

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I haven't read the Dante Club, but on your recommendation, I would, Carol. I always like to read your reviews! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Just a little something from Judy said...

I appreciate the advice and the help that you provide for me, regarding good books to read and movies to see. I find myself looking forward to your "Booking Through Thursday...."

Related Posts with Thumbnails