Thursday, March 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/
This is a weekly post where book lovers such as myself get together to discuss books and they're love of reading. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.........

This weeks question is suggested by Janet and is as follows:
"How about, 'What's the worst 'best' book you've ever read-the one everyone says is so great, but you can't figure out why?"


Oh Dear....... I'm sure that I'm going to hear some rumbling about this one but I did not care for the Harry Potter series. I think it's because I'm just not that in to books about wizards and sorcerers. I some what liked the first book in the series but after beginning the second I knew I was completely over Harry Potter. At first our grandson's Michael and Thomas seemed to like the series so I persevered. Because our grandson Thomas was to small to read a book of that magnitude I read the first book to him. To encourage a love of reading, my hubby and I began to buy the books as they became available for both of our grandson's but they soon lost interest too. We did dress up and go to one of the library parties which was a lot of fun. I was a witch and both of our grandson's were Harry Potter characters. I know a lot of people were very in to the Harry Potter books but for me they just fell short and to this day I don't understand all of the hupla surrounding them.....
Happy BTT everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Isn't that funny. Both of my kids are huge potter fans.. well huge book bugs actually thank goodness. I never could get past the first chapter and i'm sure it's because it was wizardry and such. Just not my cup of tea. However, I can certainly respect that others who are into the books and their glee each time a clock would tick down to the new release. Yes, we got copies for each of our kids each time. To this day my son covets his collection.

Blodeuedd said...

I read the Potter books cos my friend loves them, and they were ok I guess. But I did speed through them ;)

Yvonne said...

I'm not into books with wizards and sorcers either which is why I haven't even tried the Potter books.

Mary said...

Both my 20-something daughters loved the HP books. My husband enjoyed the movies with them. I haven't read or watched either. Just not interested - although we had fun waiting in line for the latest release at midnight a couple of years ago while on vacation.

My BTT is up!

Jess said...

That is fantastic that you read the Harry Potter books to them.

http://barneysbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/booking-through-thursday_19.html

Vee said...

Interesting commentary. I've seen one of the films...I was bored silly. I figure if the movie can't help me get excited about the book, it'd be a waste of time for me.

Smilingsal said...

I read the first one, thought it was okay, but that was enough for me. One grandchild read the second, but lost interest after that.

♥ Kathy said...

I didn't read any of them but I watched the movies lol I did buy them for my kids because they were really into them.

Kaye said...

Not a series I could get past book 1. The weird thing is one of my daughters has 2 sets, one for her and one for her hubby so they can read together. Awww, isn't that cute! The books still stink! (imho)
My BTT is here

zetor said...

Harry Potter, haven't read any of them.

Madeline's Album said...

Have not seen any of the movies nor read any of the books. I have a friend who has read all the books and speaks every highly of them. Have a good evening.

Lisa said...

I would never even attempt Harry Potter. There is nothing that is even the tiniest bit intriguing. My daughters both loved the books.

Paula said...

I didn't even try them as they just aren't my style

Firefly Nights said...

I can go you one better on Harry Potter. I wasn't even motivated to crack one of the books open, even in a bookstore. Just didn't appeal to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails