Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Busy in the Kitchen!.......


Busy in the kitchen!.........


Today is a beautiful spring day in our area! The sun is shinning and it's fifty two degrees already. It's an absolutely perfect Saint Patrick's Day!......
I've been busy in the kitchen and have spent most of the morning baking, talking to friends, and listening to Irish music. I am getting all of my treats ready for my family including Charli of course. The plate of cupcakes is for my hubby and you know who the little biscuits are for..........

I'm waiting for the Irish soda bread to cool and then I'm packing everything up and delivering treats to my family. Shh... Don't tell.......

I like to put my bread in green bags on Saint Patrick's Day. Sometimes I will attach the recipe if I 'm giving bread to a friend. I think it looks festive don't you? ......

I always make traditional lamb stew on Saint Patrick's Day but yesterday I was visiting my friend Pat, at http://millefiorifavoriti.blogspot.com/, and she had posted the most wonderful picture of her 'Crock Pot Guinness Beef Stew' along with the recipe. I've never had stew made with Guinness beer before. It sounded intriguing so I thought I would give it a try. Thank you Pat!The only thing I did differently was omit the celery. My hubby isn't a big celery fan. You should smell my kitchen! It's just now starting to cook and the stew is starting to to look good. It smells just wonderful in there.........


The Irish soda bread is almost cooled so I have to get going. I have a delivery to make ♥ Charli is at the spa but when she gets home we are going for a nice long walk......
I'll be by later to see what's cooking at your house :>)
I hope you are having a lovely day!....
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

My Maine Cottage said...

Wow, that looks so delicious! I think I'll give that guiness stew a try myself. This weekend we are having a boiled dinner. Yum! And tonight is a screening of my favorite movie shot in Ireland, "The Quiet Man"

Happy St. Patty's!!!

Vee said...

Everything looks fantastic, Carol! I did bake soda bread and it came out quite well. I used my cast iron pan so the presentation was quite good. No raisins so I tossed in cranberries instead. It's a typical New England style Irish soda bread. Ha!

Send us some of that weather would you please? Thanks!

Enjoy your day. Your family will be so excited to receive these treats!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Wow! Everything looks yummy! I've been busy today with work! Haven't had time to stop and really think about anything special for dinner, just the usual chicken. And a quick run to the school board meeting tonight. Enjoy your time with your family! I'm sure they'll be very happy!

My Maine Cottage said...

Thank you! I cut Laffy Taffy into strips and then mushed them together. I found it on the Family Fun website. They came out good but it was a pain, I don't think I would try it again. :-)

Sharon and Kelly said...

Kelly's been reading me your blog every other day or so. It's been so great to hear all the stories and I can just imagine what the pictures look like. It sound like you have had a busy St. Patricks Day. Think Green.....Sharon

Sharon and Kelly said...

Irish Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you:
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Smilingsal said...

Oh, I wish I lived close enough to wangle an invitation.

Did you read on my post that Danny Boy was written by an Englishman!

♥ Kathy said...

It's going to be fun at your house tonight :D Happy St. Patrick's Day ♥

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a nice, appetizing and festive looking post. I wish I lived close to you. How kind of you to give those green bags with delicious treats away to family and friends. I never tasted lamb.

Anne said...

And I was at least one of those recipients of your yummy treats. Thanks Mom for those scrumptous cupcakes and Irish soda bread. I hope little Charli enjoyed her little treats when she got home from the spa. It sounds like you had a lovely day in the kitchen. I hope your stew turns out. It looks really good.

Lisa said...

Yummy! I am sure you enjoyed your dinner.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Carol!

I hope you enjoyed the stew! Your soda bread and treats look wonderful.

I went into Manhattan today to see the parade...and met a couple of nice fellow bloggers ...it was a fun day!

Charli and me said...

Thanks everyone for the heart felt comments you left on my blog. I hope all of you had a happy Saint Patrick's Day.
Sharon and Kelly, Thank you so much for the lovely poem and comments. It was very thoughtful of you ♥

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh what a wonderful meal! The stew does indeed sound very, very good.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Wow!you really go all out on St Patricks Day ! The stew looks heavenly .

kari and kijsa said...

Happy St. Patricks Day!
blessings, kari & kijsa

Related Posts with Thumbnails