Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Chocolate Cookie Spring Party.......


Welcome to The Chocolate Cookie Spring Party, hosted by our friend Cielo, at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/ Thank you Cielo for hosting this fun spring post! We were asked to either bake or buy cookies, set up a table in our back yard weather permitting, or on our porch, and create a pretty tablescape using flowers, silver tea sets, candles, and vintage dishes. You still have time to join the fun! Just click on the above link to get all of the details..........

Since the weather in our area is still a little cold, and I don't have a covered or screened porch, I decided to have my spring chocolate party on a table inside of our home....
For my spring party I wanted to do a whimsical tablescape with an Easter and spring theme. The first thing I did was choose some pretty table linen. I just love seasonal runners and you will usually find one on my table all year long. Today I used one of my Easter table runners and then I added a spring basket, flowers, and some sweet little bunnies.........



Next came the dishes and silverware. I've had my dishes for many years. I like them because of the flower pattern and also because they are oven safe......

Then I added glasses and candles.....


Well, there you have it..... A nice spring tablescape put together with things I already had around the house.... But where is the chocolate?......

When you were a little girl do you remember those pretty little pink and blue plastic baskets you could get to fill with candy for all of your fun tea and birthday parties? I always loved those! My Aunt even used them when it was her turn to host her card party club. They don't make them any more but one year I found these colorful baskets at Hallmarks. Sometimes I fill them with candy and other times I put tea lights in them. Today I decided I would fill them with candy, and then for fun, I also added some baby chicks and Easter eggs to my tablescape.........

Since it was a spring theme, I used my flowered napkin rings. I think everything is looking spring and festive now, but where is the chocolate?..........

I think I may have shared with you before that my mother was known as the cookie lady. Every Christmas she literally baked thousands and thousands of the most delicious cookies to give out to her family and friends. She even gave cookies to the bank ladies. When ever anyone would visit her home during the holidays they would find a small sweet table set up in the living room. This tiered crystal serving dish was always filled with her wonderful Christmas cookies and could be found sitting in the middle of the sweet table. A couple of years before she died she gave it to me. She said, of all of her children, I was the one who she knew would enjoy it the most. I was so grateful to receive it! She was right, I do enjoy it, and I use it all the time. It's one of my most cherished possessions!.......

Because it's a spring party with an Easter theme I decided to add a ribbon to my serving piece. But.... but, where's the chocolate?...
When I am having any type of a spare of the moment get together I know exactly where to go. I head on over to
Mannios bakery, at http://www.manninosbakery.com/ They have the most delicious deserts you could ever imagine! I know I will always find something made of chocolate there.......

Ok, I didn't get all chocolate, because believe it, or not, everyone in my family doesn't love chocolate the way I do. I also didn't get all cookies because how could I pass these delicious pastries up? Doesn't everything looks scrumptious?........
This is my finished tablescape.
Now all we need to do is sit down and share a cup of tea.
Happy spring everyone!......
I'm off to visit with all of you....
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

zetor said...

Your table looks so inviting and that cakestand is lovely even without the delicous looking cakes!

bj said...

Oh my goodness...I love your inviting and colorful tablescape and Spring Party. The delectable cakes look smashing on your pretty cakestand.
Thanks for the time it took to put all this pretty table together..I loved it!!
xo bj

Aaydens Mommy said...

just beautiful!! I love it. =)

jeanne said...

How absolutely beautiful and spring never saw a table with as many pretty things all in one place. You make it sound so easy. I enlarged your pics and the detail is great. I love the story of the beautiful 3 tiered serving dish. The bake shop had some yummy goodies too. I agree, you mom picked the right one to have her treasure. Happy spring!

Hugs...Jeanne

Vee said...

It looks like such a lovely tea. Did you invite some friends over?

Vee said...

Well, Carol, for some reason I didn't know that I could click on your photos and they'd enlarge...wowser! It made all the difference. Your mother's tiered serving piece is wonderful. I can see why you love it so. And wow! What a bakery!

the voice of melody said...

How beautiful! What a gorgeous tea party, and all the colors add such a special touch. :)

Shellmo said...

I would love to sit at your table!! I love your plates - the pattern AND the shape of them! Now I just need to have a bite of one of those treats you have there...

Anne said...

Mom your Spring tablescape looks absolutely lovely. I just love that beautiful tier dessert piece and all of the wonderful pastries look out of this world. Have a beautiful spring day!

Charli and me said...

Thank you for all of your lovely comments ♥

Just a little something from Judy said...

Once again I find myself wishing that I lived next door to you. What a gorgeous tablescape! I really like those little Hallmark baskets. What a perfect idea to fill those with Easter treats. The crystal tiered plates look so appetizing with all of those cookies on it. Great post!

♥ Kathy said...

That is SO cute Carol! I just love it!

Michael said...

Now THAT is impressive! It looks great!

Rosezilla said...

Looks lovely and certainly yummy! Did you invite the neighbors?

Madeline's Album said...

Wow!! What a beautiful table everthing looks just great. Your tier dessert piece is really nice. Have a great evening. Madeline

Charli and me said...

Thank you for your kind comments everyone ♥

Neabear said...

I had fun clicking on all the pictures to get a better look. Everything is so pretty. I really enjoyed your beautiful tablescape. I would have loved to have been at your table for some tea and cookies and fellowship!

Firefly Nights said...

What a lovely tiered stand. No wonder you were pleased when your mother gave it to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails