Friday, March 27, 2009

Hopeful Friday.....


Welcome to Hopeful Friday, hosted by my friend Cielo, at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/ This post is dedicated to positive thoughts and inspirational messages. A post to celebrate God! Thank you Cielo for hosting this lovely post. If you would like to join our group, or you would like to learn more about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Hopeful Friday web site.......


I heard of this legend some time ago and thought it was inspiring. It is my hope that you like it too......

"A legend or a fable is a story that doesn't pretend to be historical, but simply teaches a lesson. The events surrounding the suffering and death of Christ gave rise to many legends."

'The legend Of Robin Red Breast'
'When Jesus was hanging on the cross, a plain brown robin happened by and saw how much he suffered because of the nails in his hands and feet......
The robin felt sorry for him. It flew to one of his hands and began trying to pull the nail loose. He tried and tried, but it was a large spike driven deep into the wood.....
It was some sight to see, this small bird trying so hard to do what everyone knew was impossible. Those who were heckling Jesus started to make fun of the robin too. They pointed at him and made jokes......
But the more they laughed the harder the robin tried, pulling and straining for a long time until, exhausted, he fell to the ground and lay there with his eyes closed, unable to fly or even stand......
Soon, Jesus writhed no more. He was dead. and the robin, so they thought, was dead too....
When the robin awoke, all was quiet. He looked down at his breast and saw it was crimson with the blood of Jesus......
From that day on the robin has borne the mark of mercy on it's breast.'
-The Little Black Book-
-Six-minute meditations on the Passion according to Mark -

Peace be with all of you!....
I hope you are having a beautiful day!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

Anne said...

Oh that was so lovely. I also think I heard that before but it sure was nice to hear it again. What a lovely tale. And I'll take it a bit further and say I believe it to be true! =)

♥ Kathy said...

That was really nice Carol. I'd never heard that story before. Happy Friday ♥

Just a little something from Judy said...

Another lovely story that is so meaningful! I learn so many things from you, my friend. Happy weekend to you!

Aaydens Mommy said...

Wow, I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing! <3 I really love your Hopeful Friday posts. See you guys tomorrow at mom and dads!

Barb said...

Hi Carol,

Beautiful! I will share that legend with others.
God is good!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb

Deb said...

nice story, thank you for sharing

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

I have never heard that one before, but I do love it. Thank you so much for sharing. I will have to read it to my boys later this evening.

Cece

Vee said...

It has been a beautiful spring day in my corner...so warm that we had to shed our coats!

I've not heard this legend before, but it is a nice one.

Smilingsal said...

I had never heard this one before. Thanks.

♥ Kathy said...

You won an award! Come see me when you get the chance ♥

Silver said...

It's a good read.

I have not read this one anywhere before either.

Jorgelina said...

Nice story!
Hugs

Madeline's Album said...

I had never heard this before. It was a lovely story. One I will remember from this day. Have a good day. Madeline

Related Posts with Thumbnails