Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Save The Date!..... Poem in Your Pocket Day!....



SAVE THE DATE!......

April 30, 2009 is the second national
Poem In Your Pocket Day!.........

Charli and I are excited to announce our very first blog participation in Poem In Your Pocket Day! We hope all of you will join us by posting one of your favorite poems on your blog and then leaving a comment here so that we can all come visit. If you would like, you can even use our button. I have placed my button on the side bar of my blog with a link so that you can read more about this very special day. What is your favorite poem? Why is it so important to you? Who is the author? What can you tell us about him? Do you celebrate Poem In Your Pocket Day in your home, your school, or perhaps your place of employment? Please share with us...
We would love to hear from you.........
Some additional ideas for a post could be a dinner or a tea with a special Poem In Your Pocket theme. What about a gift that you give, or make for those special people in your life. Some people are sending out e-mails with a poem, or even letters with a poem tucked inside. The possibilities are endless......

People all over the country are celebrating Poem In Your Pocket Day. They are holding events in bookstores, libraries, parks, schools, work places, on they're blogs, and in they're homes.
Let's spread the news..... Place a button on your side bar.........
Come celebrate with us!......
Come share your love of poetry on April 30, 2009 ♥
It could be a very interesting and fun event!.....
With warmest regards,


17 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

I have never heard of poem in your pocket day but I'm going to learn about it now! I love poetry ♥

zetor said...

I'm certainly going to try and participate.

Aaydens Mommy said...

I think I just might participate in this! I love poems/poetry! It will be hard to pick an absolute favorite though, I like too many! lol

Just a little something from Judy said...

I really like poetry. Over the years I have had many favorites. I would like to participate in this day, even though I never heard about it. Looking forward to the poetry that peopls share. In answer to your question...it truly is a joy when our children discover their talents, and become good at what they like to do.

Shellmo said...

I haven't heard about this either - I'll have to think really hard! I love to post quotes but now you have really challenged me!

Smilingsal said...

I have never heard of this, but it sounds like something I can participate in easily. I'm glad you're announcing it early enough for me to find something.

How did you make the button? That's something I can't figure out!

Charli and me said...

Sally, I sent you an e-mail about the buttons. Please let me know if it was helpful.

KarenHarveyCox said...

This looks so wonderful. I love poetry. Count me in. I will grab that button and put it on my sidebar.
Karen

Madeline's Album said...

I too have never heard of poem in your pocket day. I will try to participate. Have a good evening.

Vee said...

Sounds like fun... Thanks for the suggestion!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This sounds great, Carol! I love poetry, so I will be thinking. I worte my own poem for tomorrow's post. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Lisa said...

I will start thinking about a poem to present. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Your scones look delicious. My tummy is rumbling. I wish my family would get out of bed. I want to go eat breakfast. The hotel has great french toast!

Julie said...

I wish I had heard about this in time - great idea!

Love all your St. Patrick's Day decorations - including Charli's scarf.

Julie said...

Oh duh, disregard my previous comment. I have plenty of time! Yes, I will participate - it will be fun.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I was checking back in to see if you had a report on Charli. Hope all is well there...

XO,

Sheila :-)

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

This is something new. I'd be happy to see what beautiful poems people will be posting :-)

Anne said...

Wow this sounds like this would be alot of fun. I've never heard of it either so thanks for mentioning it. ☺

Related Posts with Thumbnails