Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's. A post to share recipes, tablescapes, tea cups and teapots, stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts relating to tea and friendship.................



Don't you just love the painting in the center of my button? I think it's so beautiful! The original painting was done by Susan Rios. I found it in one of my tea books called 'The Twelve Teas of Friendship' If you are interested in purchasing a painting like this for your home all you have to do is google Susan and a multitude of fabulous web sites will come up.....


'A Dance in the Garden'
"During the eighteenth century, tea gardens were the place to be in London. Vauxhall, Ranalagh, Cuper's Garden, and Marylebone were the most renowned, and though they were patronized by royalty, everyone was free to go there for a stroll and a cup of tea- along with other refreshments. As if this weren't enough, during the late afternoon into the evening, there were concerts in the arbors with bands set up under gazebos and couples gliding arm in arm under the boughs. The custom popped up again in the Hotel Palm Courts of the Victorian era, and some tea rooms today are reviving this lovely way of taking tea."
-Time for Tea-

I think it would be wonderful to live in a much more simpler time. What are your thoughts? I would love to hear from you.......
I hope all of you have a beautiful day!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

sunshine said...

Yes! I would love to live in that time peroid. (for awhile anyways.)
When my sister in law turned 40 a couple of years ago I wanted to have a tea party for her so badly. Her roots are British and she loves that kind of thing. One of these years I'll do it for her! (not this year though because her b-day is next week LOL!)
Lovely picture!
Laura

Shellmo said...

I always long for the simpler times - I think that's why I love log cabins so much! :-)
Say hello to Charli for me! Is she getting ready for Easter? :-)

Anne said...

Good Morning Mom! I participated in your 'Tea and friendship Tuesdays!' I hope I did it correctly. =)
As to your post, yes, that seems like such nice times doesn't it? Just to spend time in the garden to enjoy tea, the beauty of the garden and then perhaps some dancing. I can just imagine some of those gardens. They must have been spectacular! Thanks for hosting such a lovely tea party, darlin'. ♥

Brenda Eason said...

Oh I so long for the simple times. I know this is why I love the Amish so much.

Neabear said...

Ahhhh....simpler times. That would be heavenly. I love your new blog header and background. So ready for springtime.

♥ Kathy said...

That was really pretty Carol! I posted with you ♥

Vee said...

I suppose that those "simpler" times could become quite complicated if we actually had to live that way. Still, I'd truly enjoy a high tea about once a season.

Deb said...

it sounds like all they did back in those days was visit and have tea parties or dances, it would be fun to go there for a day...

Just a little something from Judy said...

Finally, a book that you mention, is one that I have. I really like Susan Rios and her amazing artistic talent. I enjoy reading that book by Emilie Barnes too. I often long for times that were more simple. and for time to sit and share with friends over tea.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I was just saying to two friends, Carol, that life was sweeter when people took the time to savor it... much like a good cup of tea. Love your post! :-)

I participated in your day, but I didn't bring tea... I brought a clock. Maybe I'm like the March Hare at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party...late, late, for a very important date!

XO,

Sheila :-)

zetor said...

Tea rooms, how lovely. In our nearby town we do have a Market teashop, they serve meals all day not just teatime.Small tables, waitress service. Sometimes it's a nice treat to have tea and scones. I haven't done this for years, you've sparked a dormant interest Carol, thankyou.
I do like your painting so inviting.

Aaydens Mommy said...

Hello Grandma, I just wanted to let you know that I participated in your Tea and Friendship Tuesday's. =) I really enjoyed your post! This is going to be so much fun!

Smilingsal said...

When we went to England, one of the pleasures each day was the tea. Even though I never drink it while home, I enjoyed tea and biscuits (cookies) each day in England. It just tastes better there!

Michael said...

I think I would like to "vacation" in the simpler times, and then come back to this day-in-age. (Of course, one day these will be the simple times - hard to believe!)
Gob bless!

Madeline's Album said...

What a lovely post. I would love to have lived during that era. I love Victorian style furniture etc. I would love to join the Tea and friendship Tuesday's but I do not drink tea unless you consider iced tea. I have no tea pots nor do I collect pretty cup and saucers. Have a great day.

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you Carol for the special invitation. I will try to post something when Tea and friendship Tuesday's come around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails