Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Twenty little things to look forward to in spring.....



Twenty little things to look forward to in spring......

Melissa at http://theinspiredroom.net/ has created a fun little post for us all to do. We are supposed to share the signs of spring that we are most looking forward to. She has a Mr. Linky set up on her blog so we can share our thoughts with one another. Thank you Melissa for creating this cheery spring inspired post. If you would like to join us just click on the
above link.........

The twenty little things I'm looking most forward to this spring are:

1. First, and foremost, the birth of our precious second great grandson. I just can't wait to meet our little Aaron!.....
2. Next would be our grandson Ryan's first holy communion. He has been working very hard in his religious classes and we are extremely proud of him......
3. I'm looking forward to beautiful warm and sunny days to be enjoyed without the need of cumbersome clothing.....
4. Tulips, daffodils, and lilac's.....
5. Taking Charli for walks in the park......
6. Hearing the sound of children playing outside again.....
7. Fresh green grass and morning dew...
8. Putting away my snowmen for yet another year....
9. Swinging away in the peace and tranquility of our back yard...
10. Getting my bicycle out of the rafters...
11. Easter with it's colored eggs, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and butter lambs.....
12. Red robins and little brown hipity hopity rabbits...
13. Pastel colors...
14. Gardening and planting flowers....
15. Gentle breezes coming through open windows....
16. Watching for the river boat out at our son Kurt's...
17. The smell of a gentle spring rain....
18. Lovely flowering trees....
19. Picnics at The Old Mill Creek.....
20. Sparkling clean windows and the smell of furniture polish.....

It's your turn!....
I look forward to hearing about all of the little things you love about spring...
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Gentle breezes through the window that blow the tails of the curtains ever so slightly away from the wall.. ah yes... SPRING hurry to me please!

Judith said...

being able to hang the washing out on the line and watch it blowing in the breeze is always a delight to me..

Madeline's Album said...

There is so much to look forward to come spring I can not name them all, I agree with most of the ones you mentioned. Have a blessed day. Madeline

♥ Kathy said...

Those are all great things to look forward to Carol! I love Spring too :) and won't Miss Charli be so happy to get to the park! ♥

Shellmo said...

You have me daydreaming now...thinking about spring! I'm really looking forward to seeing blue lake water and colorful flowers!

Vee said...

Oh I so want to have clean, sparkly windows again! I wouldn't have thought of that one without your mentioning it. I'm loving your playlist and have popped it out!

Julie said...

This is a wonderful, evocative list. I have no grandchild to look forward to, but there a bunch of things on your list that I share. The first on my list would be lilacs and cut grass!

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, this was so nice! Congratulations on your new to be grandbaby! Kiss little Charli for Chloe Dawn and me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Lisa said...

What a great, refreshing list. I cannot wait for the lilacs. Providing the moles don't get to them first...

I hope to see a post of that new grandbaby!!

Smilingsal said...

I always look forward to celebrating the empty tomb.

Lisa said...

Spring brings summer, which is my favorite season. For that very fact, I adore spring.

Wendy said...

Ummmm I can't wait for spring either!!! THe fresh smell that only spring brings, and I love tulips!!! Hope your having a great week!~Wendy

Just a little something from Judy said...

A swing in your backyard...how perfect! Do you spend much time on it? The list you shared was so colorfully worded, that I found myself agreeing with most everyone. You definitely have a way with descriptive words. I admire that in people. Made me even more eager for Spring.

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Congratulations on your grandbaby. That is definitely something to look forward and be thankful for :-)

I wish that everything on your list that you're looking forward to would come true

nikkicrumpet said...

I love your list. I'm looking forward to seeing "green" again...and not freezing my tookus off when I go outside!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love your list!! Beautiful!

Anne said...

Oh Mom I just loved your list of 20 things that your looking forward to this spring. I loved each and every single thing you listed. I can't wait till spring gets here. ☺

Michael said...

Great post. I wonder which one on the list is yours ;)

For me, the best thing about March is that February is over :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails