Monday, April 13, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ A place where a group of us gals get together on Monday's to post about something blue. Thank you Sally for this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site.....


Good morning everyone. I hope you had a beautiful and blessed Easter. We certainly did at our house. We had great company, good food, and a wonderful Easter celebration. Actually we had two celebrations at our house. We had our annual Easter celebration and we also had a surprise birthday party for our lovely daughter Anne. That's right. She turned forty on Easter Sunday! Can you just imagine her surprise when she pulled up to our house and saw a big birthday sign with balloons hanging on the porch? I think she thought everyone had forgotten about her birthday with the hustle and bustle of Easter, but oh no, that wasn't about to happen in our family....

Up above is some pretty blue in our Easter sign. As you can see there is also some blue encasing the letters of one of the happy birthday signs below........





I know the pink sign above doesn't have any blue but don't you just love it anyway?..........


It looks like the Easter bunny was in a hurry because he dropped eggs and flowers all over the floor. Do you see the pretty blue egg?........


I included a picture of the beautiful Easter basket cake Mike and Anne brought to our Easter celebration. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was just lovely! Of course we also
had a birthday cake for Anne. There was
cake, cake, cake every where!......
I can't wait to see all of your pretty blues!.....
I have a few errands to run and then I will be stopping by.....
Happy Blue Monday everyone!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

Smilingsal said...

How fun to have two reasons to celebrate! You've got me a bit mixed up. I thought that Ann was your daughter-in-law. No? I think that basket cake is lovely. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Valerie said...

That basket cake is just beautiful and scrumptious looking! A very happy birthday to your daughter who happens to be the same age as me (okay, she's older...ha ha by about 4-months).

Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful Easter/Birthday celebration surrounded by family and loved ones. Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie

Aaydens Mommy said...

Hi Grandma, I like the pics you took. We all had a wonderful time yesterday, didn't we?!? It was great! Thank you so much for having us over for a lovely Easter dinner. You always have the best get togethers/parties at your house. I love you very much.

Pat@back Porch Musings said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

claudie said...

Oh I love parties, no matter what they are.
How fun.
Happy Blue Monday and Have a wonderful week.
Love Claudie and the gang.
xoxoxo

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fabulous family Easter! Have a great week!

sunshine said...

Love the Easter Basket cake! How cute is that?!?
Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter.
((Hugs))
Laura

Charli and me said...

Dear Sally,
Technically my daughter Anne is my daughter-in-law but in my heart she couldn't be more of a daughter. She calls me Mom and she is the daughter God sent to me ♥

Just a little something from Judy said...

Just reading your post today makes me smile. It seems like you all had a great time together, just by the ways you describe your time together. That Easter basket cake is so beautiful! I never saw one done like that . Thank you for sharing your Easter with us. A happy birthday to your daughter. Another milestone in life.

Madeline's Album said...

Glad you all had a lovely Easter and birthday party for Anne. The basket cake is just adorable. Rest up after all the partying. Have a great day. Madeline

Lisa said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Happy Blue Monday.

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

That basket cake is darling! Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

Sweetie said...

How wonderful to have a celebration for your daughter's special day. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Michael said...

Looks like you had a beautiful weekend! Tell Anne Happy Birthday!

Shellmo said...

That easter basket cake is adorable! SOunds like a wonderful time with your family!!

Anne said...

Mom, I was very surprised! I had no idea that you and Dad were planning that. I was just so touched. I love you and Dad so much. I cannot even attempt to describe into words how much I love the both of you or how much you and Dad mean to me. And how much you both mean to Mike and the boys.(And Jess, Kyle, Aayden etc. lol...) Thank you both so much for making my birthday and our Easter celebration just beautiful. The work you put into it was just tremendous! I will always remember it for years to come. Thank you. With Love, Anne ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails