Monday, April 20, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ A place where a group of us gals get together weekly to post something blue. Thank you Sally for this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site......





Like many of you, I have been busy doing spring cleaning in and around my regular tasks. While I was trying to think of something blue to post today I happened to pull out my favorite cleaning product and I thought why not share it with all of you. Notice the blue on the bottle. I'm sure most of you know this already but ammonia is a great cleaning product! It leaves everything sparkling clean from the windows, to the counter tops, and the floors. I also love the lemon scent. Ammonia is not only cheap, it's approximately one dollar and thirty nine cents for a two quart bottle, but most of your other more expensive cleaning products contain it. It doesn't streak, it's a great grease buster, and boy does it shine. Just mix a little in some hot water and your ready to go. Just don't ever mix it with bleach, get it in your eyes, or stand to close while your mixing the solution because you wouldn't want to get it in your lungs. All in all it really is a wonderful cleaning product.......

Now for my other little secret. I use cloth baby diapers for most of my cleaning needs and they are the absolute greatest! They are soft so they don't scratch or streak. They work great for polishing furniture and stainless steel appliances, cleaning counter tops, windows, glass, and mirrors. You know that special little pricey cloth they sell you when you get new glasses? Well, I have been using cloth diapers to clean my glasses for years and I have never had a scratch on my lens. Cloth diaper's are heavy duty and last for a long, long time. They cost approximately eleven dollars for a dozen diapers. That's a little under a dollar for each one and sometimes you can even get them on sale. I keep all of my pretty dish towels to brighten up my kitchen. I never use them for every day cleaning or drying dishes.....
I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my cleaning tips......
Shh.... What ever you do please don't let the manufactures of these products know about my little secrets because I wouldn't want them to raise the prices......
Happy Blue Monday everyone!....
I hope all of you have a fabulous afternoon!...
With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

Vee said...

Exactly! Shhhhhh... That's what I say about K-Mart and Martha Stewart flour sacks. Oh, but I do love microfiber cloths for cleaning. I buy them at the other mart in the automotive department. For serious dusting...nothing beats a baby diaper...I'm down to just one.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like to use ammonia, too, and I agree, babay diapers are the best cloths for many jobs!

Aaydens Mommy said...

you know that is such a great idea! I never even thought of cloth baby diapers! I'll have to try that now for sure. I like to try new things while I'm cleaning. It makes it less boring for me! LOL

Smilingsal said...

How wonderful! Blue Monday cleaning tips! Thanks for sharing.

Boogieboard Cottage said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. I use ammonia a lot. i'm very frugal and I don't buy fancy cleaners. I have stainless steel appliances and have never thought of using diapers to clean them. I do use vegetable as a cleaning solution for them though. What do you use? do you use ammonia on stainless steel? Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Mary :O)

Charli and me said...

Dear Mary,
I never ever use anything to clean my stainless steel except a product called 'Stainless Steel Magic' which I can get at Lowes here in my area. It both cleans and shines. I use one diaper to apply it in long even strokes. Then I use another diaper to remove it and buff my appliance.I would never try to use Ammonia on my stainless and I do pay a little more for the product I use but to me it's worth it in this case.

sunshine said...

I love Blog entries about cleaning!
I have to admit... "My name is Laura and I'm a product junkie". I just love cleaning "stuff"(products).
I've never used diapers to clean but after my babies were done with them, I did rip up their recieving blankets and use them to dust with. They're great too!
Thanks for the tips!! Hopefully someday I can stop spending so much on .... so much! LOL
((Hugs))
Laura

Just a little something from Judy said...

You have helped me with your cleaning tips. When someone has tried something and found it to work well, I am thrilled to find out about it. I never thought to use cloth diapers for cleaning, or to use ammonia. Great advice. Thank you.

the booklady said...

Thanks for all the good info Carol! I learned so much...now I just need the energy to put it into motion! ;)

What can I say? I'd rather be reading about cleaning than doing it!

Anne said...

What a great idea to use cloth diapers. I want to try that. I bet they work like a charm and get everything really clean. I like your tips on ammonia to. I've used it in the past in a squirt bottle and water mixed. Never could stand the smell of it though. Happy Blue Monday!

Happy To Be said...

Girl I have used diapers since I had little ones and trust me that was many years ago..I love them for polishing silver...Great BLUE Monday post...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

bj said...

Well, good grief...I'm embarrased to admit that I didn't even know they still MADE cloth diapers. Where do you buy yours? Walmart? I am just amazed. I was getting all ready to order some flour sack towels...3 for $11.00 ! Never mind that!! I am going to WMart here in just a bit and I sure will look and see if they have any.
GOOD GRIEF!! Thanks a bunch for reminding me of these wonderful little pieces of cloth!!!
hugs, bj

Neabear said...

I have used cloth diapers for dusting and cleaning too. I think I have wore out the ones I had from when my chilren were babies. Time to get more I guess.

Related Posts with Thumbnails