Thursday, April 16, 2009

Booking Through Thursday And Some Lovely Awards.......


Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A post where book lovers such as myself get together weekly to discuss anything related to reading or books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.......
This weeks questions are as follows:
"Yesterday, April 15Th, was Tax Day here in the U.S; which means lots of lucky people will get refunds of over-paid taxes.Whether or not your one of them or not, what would you spend an unexpected windfall on? Say...$50? How about 500?
(And, this is a reading meme, so by rights the answer should be book-related, but hey, feel free to go wild and splurge on anything you like.)"

This was an interesting question....... I am not one of those people who would rush out and spend the money just because it was available so I would save my windfall until I saw something I really wanted or needed. With that said, if I were to spend any of the money it would most likely be on a book. I am not a mall type person but I do like to frequent book stores and browse through the shelves. However I don't always by a book every time I go into a book store either. I guess I would have to sum this post up by saying I'm not an impulse buyer. I do like to be surrounded by beautiful things and books. I usually chose carefully and will keep what I purchase for a very long time. I actually live a life of simplicity so I don't have that many wants or needs.......
AWARDS.......
Some time ago I received the following precious awards from two of my lovely blogger friends. The first award is from my friend Zetor at http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/ Thank you so much Zetor!
This award came with the following quotation:
"This blog invests and believes in proximity-nearness in space, time, and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!"
The second award comes from my friend Kathy at http://katshappyathome.blogspot.com/ Thank you so much Kathy!
This award came with a meme where we are supposed to list seven things we love. I have participated in this meme before so I don't want to be repetitious here. You will find my answers in the archives of my blog.
Both of these ladies have become endearing friends of mine and I hope you will take the time to visit them.
I would like to pass these lovely awards on to any one who reads or follows my blog. I think everyone has such beautiful and unique blogs. All of you have become such dear friends to me that it would be very difficult for me to chose which of you to single out for these awards. You are all very deserving. I hope you will take these awards in the spirit of friend ship in which they are offered. Thanks again Zetor and Kathy! You always make my day!
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day!......
Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

7 comments:

thekoolaidmom said...

AWWWWWW!!!! The doggie's pic is soo cute! One of these days, I'll have to get some of my dressed-up pup pics uploaded.

I love going into bookstores just to touch the books and smell them. Our bookstore's closed now, so I'd have to just bask in their ambiance if I found myself in a bookstore... then buy 3 or 4 books. ;-)

Madeline's Album said...

Morning Carol. Hope your day is a good one. I seldom buy a book unless I find one I like at a yard sale. My children give me books as gifts, they know I like mystery books. Congratulations on your awards.

Jess said...

Your blog looks great! Makes me wish the warmer weather was here!

sunshine said...

Congratulations on the awards. You definatly deserve them!! :)
((Hugs))
Laura

Shellmo said...

I'm like you - I'm not an impulse buyer either! And I love to pick up a good book - I usually look for deals on Amazon or do trades w/ friends. HOpe you and Charli are having a lovely day!!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I'm not much of an impulse buyer either. I tend to save and then purchase what it is I want. Your blog does look fresh with the new look! Enjoy your day!

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats on your awards :)

Mine is sure to go to savings...and perhaps shoes

Related Posts with Thumbnails