Thursday, April 30, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday, at http://btt2.wordpress.com/
A post where book lovers like myself get together weekly to answer specific questions related to literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site......

This weeks questions are as follows:
"Which is worse?
Finding a book you love and then hating everything else you try to read by that author, or reading a completely disappointing book by an author that you love?"

Oh dear....I'm running a little late today because I was busy writing my previous post for 'Poem In Your Pocket Day.' I hope you will stop by and perhaps post a poem on your blog. If you do please let me know so I can come visit......
Now on to the question at hand.......
I think it's much more dissatisfying to read a disappointing book by an author that you love. I don't follow many authors on a regular basis, but when I do, I have certain expectations. I expect that the book will be good. I also expect that the author will maintain their current style and standard of writing. One reason is because I look so forward to their next book coming out. It's frustrating to me to pick up a book I've been anticipating to be a good read only to find out it isn't. Another reason is that I like to buy my books and keep them for years. It would be a disappointment to pay good money for a book I wouldn't want to keep in my home library. With authors I don't know I'm much more picky and selective. In all fairness to author's, I do understand that they have burned their bridges so to speak and just ran out of what one would consider good and interesting ideas. That is probably the reason why I don't follow many author's on a regular basis......
Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Good answer, I do agree :)

happy Thursday to you too

Dot said...

Thanks for visting my blog! It is always a shame when you are disappointed by an author you love, especially if you have waited a while for their new book to come out. Happy BTT!

zetor said...

That was similar to my answer.
I have posted a poem on my blog for the poetry day.

Barb said...

HI Carol,

I will read anything (well, almost anything). I haven't had many disappointments, maybe it is just luck. I hang onto books for years and will reread them from time to time.

You have a wonderful weekend.

hugs,
Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails