Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dogs on Thursday........


Welcome to Dogs On Thursday, at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A post where dog lovers such as myself get together weekly to talk about our most precious four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.....

Our little girl had quite a week! We celebrate the hubby's birthday so we have had a lot of company. Then yesterday Charli went to the vet for her yearly check up. This is not her favorite place to go but she did surprisingly well. She had three booster shots and her blood drawn to check for heart worm. Now all we have to do is renew her license and we are all set.......
You know how shy our Charli girl is.... She didn't want a fuss but I did want to mention that today is her fourth birthday! Of course we are celebrating. I can't even begin to tell you how much joy this little pooch has brought to our family.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLI!...... WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! ♥........








Even though Charli is just a little girl she is very smart! I thought, because it's her birthday, I would share with you some of the things she knows how to do. Charli can sit, give me her paw to shake, lay down, roll over, and play dead when she wants to. If I say, "Charli give me a hug." She will jump up in my lap and nuzzle my neck. She will come to get me when she wants to go to bed, is hungry, or wants her blanket. She is very stubborn and will not relent until she gets her own way. She can identify people she knows when they call on the phone. If I mention their name when I pick up the phone she gets excited, starts to whine, and twirls around in circles. If I say "what time are you coming over" she will literally pace back, and forth, running from door to door until they get here. If she thinks I've been on the phone to long she will grab a squeak toy, stand by the phone, and make noise in an attempt to interfere with my conversation. She knows what time out means. She can recognize the car everyone in our family drives. If I'm reading and she wants me to stop she will get up on my shoulder and sort of slide down. Then she will rest her head on the page of my book. She loves music and will go to the radio for me to put it on. She will refuse a treat if it's one she doesn't like. If I say to Charli "Where's your baby" she will bring me her toy. When someone comes to the door she gets behind me and barks. She likes to explore and is constantly getting into things. She is really quite the little hooligan! Charli has a sort of charisma about her that makes everyone fall instantly in love with her. Maybe it's those big ears of hers. She is truly a blessing! Every single day she makes me laugh at some little thing she does and it just doesn't get better then that........
Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone!.....
With warmest regards,

18 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Isn't that just like any other child? Once you're on the phone, they need you!! Happy Birthday Charli! May you continue to bring joy and love to those around you!!!

Channon said...

What a week you've had, Charli!! Happy birthday!

Gnat said...

Happy Birthday Charli!!!!!!Wow...what a week!

Madeline's Album said...

What a wonderful post, Carol I have certainly learned alot about sweet Charli. Happy Birthday Charli. May you have many more. Carol have a great day. Madeline

zetor said...

Charli a hooligan never. she's just a sweety!!!!Happy Birthday Charli.

Nichole said...

Happy WoofyDay!

Marjie said...

Thor's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, too, Charli! Happy Birthday. Did your Mommy make you a cake? We love birthdays in our little corner of the world.

Anne said...

Happy 4th Birthday Charli! Awww how sweet. It might be the cute little dark eyes and her little black button nose that people fall in love with to. She is so cute and sweet. And I'm glad that she has brought you so much joy. She is a little darling!

Robin said...

Awwww, Charli's SO cute!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

We do not have any pets, but one of the things I really enjoy, is hearing stories about my friend's dogs. It amazes me!! Just like as I was reading about Charli this evening, it totally fascinates me how much they know, and how much they can comprehend. I loved really about Charlli! Thank you for sharing all that you did. What an intelligent dog! Happy Birthday, Charli!!

Lisa said...

HooRah!! Happy Birthday Charli!! I love this meme about Charli. Now I feel like I really know her. I thought of you the other day. Mom and I parked beside a car that had Charli type dog sitting in the driver's side seat. He was so funny. He had to be a he. He looked just like an old man with those bushy eyebrows. We sat and admired him for a bit, too cute!!

Aaydens Mommy said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Charli! How cute. =) She is so precious, how could anyone not love her? I hope she had a nice day.

Smilingsal said...

Dogs are so much smarter than most people realize. We live by a dachshund, and we have owned two wonderful doxies. Naturally, we ooh and aah every time we see this guy being walked. One day, I had Johnny stop the car, I rolled down the window, and asked the owner if I could pet the dog.

After letting him smell my hand, I scratched behind his ears and around his neck. He loved it.

Now, his owner tells me that when he hears our car, he tugs to come see me! Sweet.

I am going to post on this, so expect to see it repeated.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday, Charli!

Love you,

Sheila :-)

soulbrush said...

happy happy boifday you cutie pie, and so clever too, wish you could come and give snuffles some lessons. happy DOT.

Paula said...

What a full and fun week you have had!
Happy Birthday Charli!

Julie said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Chaarli. Well, Charli has quite the list of accomplishments! Gracie can only do a few of those things. She'll give me a kiss if I ask her. If she wants food she has a certain aroo-roo sound. If I quit petting her she will put her paw on my arm. That's about it though.

I used to have an English setter who would take my hand gently in his mouth and lead me to the door. I think he was the smartest of our dogs. He also once stole and hid (did not eat any) a whole bag of Oreo cookies and put them behind the couch, curtains, etc. for later! He didn't know we were watching him.

Neabear said...

Sounds like you have a blast with Charlie. My parents had a dog, Sassy, who hated baths. She would hide under the table when anyone said the word "bath". So they started spelling it. B A T H. Wouldn't you know it, Sassy learned to regconize when they were spelling bath too. Silly Sassy. She died last year at the age of 15 or so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails