Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. A place where tea and friendship is celebrated. This is a fun post filled with recipes, photo's, tablescapes, stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. A place to share anything you would like with a friend! I hope you will join me. If you would like to participate just leave me a comment so that my dear friends and I can stop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post.......

Did you know that.........
"The tea bag was an accidental invention. Early in this century, American merchant Thomas Sullivan distributed samples of his tea in little silk packets. Customers liked the novelty and dipped the bags in hot water, rather than pouring out the contents into their tea strainers. The rest is history."
-Time for Tea!-
Mary Engelbreit

Isn't it amazing to think of all of the friendships that were established, cultivated, and renewed over a cup of tea?.........


An Easter poem especially for you.....

"Easter morn with lilies fair
Fills the church with perfumes rare,
As their clouds of incense rise,
Sweetest offerings to the skies.
Stately lilies pure and white
Flooding darkness with their light,
Bloom and sorrow drifts away,
On this holy hallow'd day.
Easter Lilies bending low
in the golden afterglow,
Bear a message from the sod
To the heavenly towers of God."
-Louise Lewin Matthews-

Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday!...
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day!.......
With warmest regards, Carol

22 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Found my here via Sheila's (the magpie). What a great event! I'll be eager to play soon once I catch up on my blogging.

Thansk for sharing the Easter poem.

Judith said...

what a fabulous idea - my email address is judysteapot and I'm know as Mrs Teapot!! and I know my way around most of my parishioners kitchens to make a cuppa :)

I'll participate in two weeks time - next week I'm on holiday with the church. Take care, Judith

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, that poem is so sweet! And I'm glad to have you as a friend! I love that fact about the tea bag!

I started a tea party that I'm going to have to continue on another day. But I set out the cups, and the pot! ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful post and informative! I had no idea how tea bags came to be!

Vee said...

Such a pretty post, Carol! Thanks for the history lesson, too. No, I didn't know that before.

Madeline's Album said...

Great post. Learned something about tea bags. The Easter poem was just beautiful. I posted a little something for this Tea and
Friendship Tuesday's on my blog. Have a great day. Madeline

Deb said...

In Texas it is over a glass of iced tea, some like sweet tea but not me, just iced tea with alot of ice and maybe a lemon slice

Deb said...

I like Charli's easter dress, just adorable

Aaydens Mommy said...

I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I participated again this week! I really liked this post. Very interesting! I liked the pretty pictures too!

sunshine said...

What a beautiful post!
Love the poem. :)
I wasn't sure if today or tommorow was your last day posting (due to Easter) so I thought I'd pop in and wish you and yours a very Blessed Easter weekend. I hope that you have a lovely time with your family. :)
Take care!
Laura
P.S. Mother in law did not discuss the cell phone issue with us. My husband thinks it's a "dumb idea" too but since she just had a mastectomy and is going into radiation and chemo we've decided to just let it be.
I'm definatly going to have to have a talk with my daughter though..Ughhhh!!!!!! *eye roll*

zetor said...

Lovely words and beautiful photos.

Shellmo said...

You have inspired me - I am going to brew myself a hot cup of green tea today. Lovely poem and photos!

Shelia said...

Afternoon, Carol. Oh what a sweet little poem! I love my tea too and it's always great to learn more about the beginnings!
Kiss little Charli for me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

A beautiful poem!! Love the trivia about the tea bag! Never heard of that!! Enjoy your day!

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I didn't know that about tea bags! Thanks for teaching me something new today!

Manuela

Valerie said...

Hi Carol.

What a beautiful post and poem.

BTW...I read your comment that you left for Vee regarding creating your own backgrounds for your blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or need to work out some kinks.

I learned how to create my own blog backgrounds and headers via several very talented bloggers and tutorials and I would be happy to provide you with their links!

Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie
vkueter@kc.rr.com

Just a little something from Judy said...

Another lovely post, and another learning experience for me. I did not know that about the tea bags. The poem was meaningful and the flowers were just beautiful. You have a way of adding inspiration to the special Easter season. Thank you.

Michael said...

Your posts always make me smile. Thanks for that!

Smilingsal said...

I'm confused. I carefully marked down April 30 as Tea and Poem Day. What changed? Are you doing this every Tuesday?

The office was gorgeous with blue print wallpaper and a border. Now it's plain with a neutral tan. I'm not planning on showing it.

Judi said...

Carol
A beautiful poem and beautiful pictures...beautiful words.
I hope your day is equally beautiful..
Judi

texasdaisey said...

wow what beautiful pictures and poem. I didn't know that about how teabags first came to be.
Debbie

rosecottagegardensandfarm said...

What an amazing post about tea and the impact that tea has in bringing people together!

Thanks so much for stopping by Rose Cottage -- I am so glad for your visit!

Happy Easter,
Debbykay

Related Posts with Thumbnails