Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and Friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. A place where tea and friendship are celebrated. This is a fun post that can be filled with recipes, photo's, tablescapes, stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both, A place to celebrate anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to participate just leave a comment so that my dear friends and I can stop by for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this post........

''The Gift Of Lightheartedness"
"What would you do if you couldn't laugh with your friends? Laughter is surely a healing, restorative part of the fun that comes with friendship. It's laughter that lubricates our irritations, that releases our tensions, that feeds our joy. Whether it comes from gentle teasing or funny anecdotes or cartoons clipped from the paper or just silliness and giggles, it's the laughter that helps keep things warm and joyful even in the midst of pain.
The ability to be silly together adds a special quality to the fun in any friendship. That's because it takes a lot of trust to let down your guard and act a little undignified, even with someone you love. When you feel free to act absolutely goofy with a friend, you understand most fully the freedom a friendship can grant.
Think about it. When was the last time you grabbed a friend and went to the park to swing or shared impersonations of people you both know or sat down on the floor and colored to your heart's content or bought yourself balloons to carry through the mall. When was the last time you found yourself really giggling?
Count yourself blessed if you have a friend who doesn't mind that kind of silliness or, even better, who wants to do it with you.
For that matter, count yourself blessed for all the fun you have with your friends!"
-The Twelve Teas of Friendship-

I really liked that passage and I wanted to share it with all of you. I have been known to be quite silly and childish at times. Although I have always been that way, I think my experiences as a nurse and seeing the pain and suffering patients and families sometimes have to endure, has definitely reinforced it. I truly like to laugh and have a good time. I think it's OK to let your hair down. It bothers me that we are so uptight as a society. That's why I really enjoy observing people with their grandchildren. Have you ever noticed how their true inter child comes out? I hope you will consider calling a friend or even a grandchild and make a date to do something silly and fun.......
I hope you are blessed with a wonderful day!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

17 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I agree, laughing is good for you!!!

sunshine said...

Great advice.
My sister in law and I are going out together tonight. There will definatly be LOTS of laughter!

Smilingsal said...

I do love to laugh.

Shellmo said...

I love to laugh too and make others laugh as well! By the way - I love this song you have playing on your blog - "morning has broken".

♥ Kathy said...

very true Carol ♥ am missing you :( Hope I'm back soon

Chandy said...

Lovely reminder of the curing properties of laughter...

Happy Tuesday!

prof en retraite said...

Hi Carol...You are so right about grandchildren! It's hard not to become a child again when they are around! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!...hugs...Debbie

MARIA said...

Beautiful post, dear Carol!
I like to do something silly and fun....... in my age I think it is helpful.

God bless you!

ann said...

thank you for stopping by.it was nice to have you over.i haven't a clue who did it.i used to paint and there is NOWAY i could do it...ann

Just a little something from Judy said...

Carol, I totally agree with all that your post said today. Laughter is so very theraputic. I have been overly blessed in this area of life! I have relatives on all sides, especially my husband, with amazing ability to make me laugh, sometimes until I am crying. Sometimes, when life seems so hard, and we are going through a rough time, he has a way of making one comment that can bring us all to heartwrenching laughter. I am sure that your job proves to be so painful at times. I understand how laughter and silliness can sometimes be theraputic for you, too.

Madeline's Album said...

Hi Carol, Love your post. I am usually a very serious minded person, but when I am with my grandchildren I love playing with them getting on the floor playing cars with the boys and coloring with the girls. Have a great day. Madeline.

Anne said...

What a great post. Or better yet, for all to loosen up and laugh at ourselves. Your right sometimes we all can get into a rut and be so uptight. We got to cut up and have some fun as much as we can. And grandchildren are just the little sweeties that could help us to do that.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is so true about laughter. The Bible says it's a tonic! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Vee said...

Yes, it's wonderful to laugh. I think I need to rent a comedy!

texasdaisey said...

I so agree with you. Laughter is so good for you. There have even been scientific studies that prove that it is healing to your body and mind. The Bible also agrees with you, it says laughter is good medicine. I just love to laugh with friends and family. Sometimes when I feel down I like to put on funniest home videos and before long I feel better

Margie said...

Thank you for this post, it is fantastic. Laughter is indeed the best medicine and being Irish tea is certainly the second best. Hope you are keeping well. hugs Margie.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How cute, Carol! Very "tweet." ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Related Posts with Thumbnails