Monday, April 20, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........

Welcome to Tea and Friendship Tuesday's, hosted by Charli and Me. A place where tea and friendship are celebrated. This is a fun post that can be be filled with recipes, photo's, tablescapes, stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. A place to celebrate anything you would like to share with a friend! If you would like to participate just pick up a button and leave a comment. That way my dear friends and I can stop by for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you will enjoy this post........

'It is very strange, this domination of our intellect by our digestive organs. We cannot work, we cannot think, unless our stomach wills so. It dictates to our emotions, our passions. After eggs and bacon it says, "Work!" After beefsteak and porter, it says, "Sleep!" After a cup of tea (two spoonfuls for each cup, and don't let it stand for more than three minutes), it says to the brain, "Now rise, and show your strength. Be eloquent, and deep, and tender, see, with a clear eye, into nature, and into life: spread your white wings of quivering thought, and sour, a God-like spirit, over the whirling world beneath you, up through long lanes of flaming stars to the gates of eternity!"
-Jerome K. Jerome-
Three men in a boat

Have you ever sent a cup of tea to a friend? This is something I love to do and it's so easy. If I haven't heard from one of my friends in a while, or I hear someone is sick, or having a birthday, I will sometimes include a cup of tea with a note or a card. I always send the prepackaged tea like Vanilla Caramel, Orange Spice, or Cinnamon Apple. Vanilla Caramel is my favorite. It's almost like sipping a yummy caramel dessert. After choosing the tea, I place it in a tea bag cover and staple it to the note or card. I do not do anything fancy with the tea bag cover. I don't use any glue. I just carefully fold all of the edges, slip the tea inside, and then staple it to the top of the inside of the note or card. Sometimes I will use a more heavy duty paper, or card stock, and other times I use regular printing paper.....

Aren't these tea bag covers sweet? They are sure to brighten any ones day. These two tea bag covers come courtesy of http://www.bakingabusiness.com/teabags/teabags.htm They have several other kinds available to choose from. Another site that has tea bag covers is http://www.juliabettencourt.com/print/mpteabagspg1.html If you really want to get fancy and are a crafty person you can learn to make your own tea bag covers at http://www.wrapcandy.com/make-teabag-covers.php I haven't tried to do anything like that yet.


When is the last time you heard from an old and dear friend? Our friendships are our blessings. Why not consider dropping your friend a little note and sending them a cup of tea? Wouldn't they be surprised! My friends love it when I do this. They sometimes send me tea too. It just makes my day when they do! It's sort of like being together even though we are miles apart ♥

I wish I could send all of you a cup of tea......
I know, when you sit down this morning to have a cup of tea or coffee think of me and I will do the same. I will think of all of my dear friends here in blogland and send warm wishes and blessings your way ♥
I hope all of you have a wonderful day!
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

Aaydens Mommy said...

Those tea bag covers are so cute! What a great idea. =)

Shellmo said...

I love this idea! It's so sweet and the tea bag covers add that personal touch!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

We used this idea at our Mother and Daughter Tea a few years ago, only we wrapped the tea bag in a pretty fabric and changed the tea bag label to reflect our theme. It was very nice and very easy. What a sweet idea to send someone you haven't seen in awhile a special tea! Very nice post!

Smilingsal said...

I've never heard of a tea bag cover; you've shared something new. Thank you.

Madeline's Album said...

What a lovely post. The tea bag covers are just adorable. Wishing you, Carol, a very nice Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

KarenHarveyCox said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely idea. Tea bag covers...and a Tea and Friendship Tuesday.
Karen

Catherine Holman said...

Charli is adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog to sign up for my giveaway. Good luck!
Catherine

Aaydens Mommy said...

I forgot to mention that I participated in Tea and friendship Tuesday's this week!! =)

zetor said...

What a lovely idea. Now tomorrow morning I'll 'toast' you Carol with my tea.Such a nice post.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a sweet blog! I want to cry! I love animals and your Charlie, if I am assuming correctly is the dog...he is too precious! Where ever do you find vanilla caramel tea? I am a vanilla fanatique and search the world over for vanilla tea! Glad you came by. Please come again...this spring I am hosting a tea party! Anita

Blessings each day said...

Okay, I get confused easily enough, but this post says Tuesday, but was published on Monday? I'm soooooooo confused but I loved your post and your ideas, in fact having tea now sounds great.

blessings on you,

marcy

sunshine said...

What an awesome idea!
I was just thinking about a friend that I haven't talked to in quite awhile. She loves tea. This would be something perfect for her!! (and my sister in law and best friend would love this too!!! She's so special to me. I think I'll suprise her at work someday!)
Love those teabag covers. So beautiful.
I'm having a much better day today. Thanks! It was just one of .."Those things".. know what I mean? It shouldn't have been so irratating but it was. LOL I can be a pain in the neck to so I probably have no business complaining.
Thanks for the kind thoughts! You're the best! Give Charli and big hug for me.
((Hugs))
Laura

Just a little something from Judy said...

Another new discovery...tea bag covers. I really think it is a good idea to send tea to a friend, especially in pretty covers like the ones you shared. I would love to sit and have coffee or tea with you. Think of all I could learn, and all that we could share. Maybe someday.

Vee said...

Oh I will be checking out the tea bag covers. What a nice idea to start an event. I really like its name and I may join you from time to time!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello! Thanks for your tea recommendation! I am going to make a pot at once! And Charlie is a cute little girl! Have fun...Anita

GrandmaK said...

Thank you for your visit. How delightful! Tea and Friendship Tuesday! Nothing like a cup of tea and a chat with a good friend. Wonderful. Will have a cup of Good Earth Tea before I turn in! Cathy

Rosezilla said...

My sis did this for me once, and it definitely cheered me up! And what darling tea bag covers!

Anne said...

What a great idea to send a friend tea in the mail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails