Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with recipes, photos, tablecapes, stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. A place to celebrate and share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so that my friends and I can stop by for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this post and stop by again soon......

"When good friends walk beside us
On the trails we must keep,
Our burdens seem less heavy
And the hills are not so steep.
The weary miles pass swiftly,
Taken in a joyous stride,
And all the world seems brighter,
When friends walk by our side."
-Anonymous-

I'm so glad you decided to stop by! "Charli I know your excited but you need to settle down." I'm sorry Charli is so rumbustious. It's just that she's so glad to see you....
I just finished baking a Cinnamon Cake. I love how it fills the house with that wonderful aroma. Would you like to have a piece with me. I'll tell you what..... You grab the napkins and I will get the silverware. I want to hear all about how you have been.......

Cinnamon Cake is truly a yummy comfort cake. Why not try it for breakfast instead of muffins or cinnamon rolls? It can be served with butter, jam, or apple butter, tea, coffee, and even a little eggnog at Christmas. I prefer it best served plain. I think it's simply delicious....


CINNAMON CAKE
9 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 3 1/4 - inch loaf pan, greased
Batter:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs, room temperature
Topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, cut into little cubes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together the flour and baking powder.
In a mixing bowl or food processor fitted with the steel blade, blend the flour mixture and granulated sugar.
With the mixer running, add the butter, milk, and eggs; beat until blended.
Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon for the topping and sprinkle over the batter.
Scatter the butter cubes over the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
-This recipe comes from the book 'easy as cake'-

* I like to make this cake just before my guests arrive. It tastes best served right after it's cooled and it makes my home smell just heavenly..........

I hope all of you have a lovely Tea and friendship Tuesday!.......
Don't forget to stop by on Thursday as we celebrate 'Poem In Your Pocket Day.' Have you decided which poem you would like to post? I hope to see you here.....
With warmest regards, Carol

19 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Put the coffee on; I'll be right over!

KarenHarveyCox said...

Hi Carol,

Another lovely post for Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Thank you for the recipe too. I love this theme.

I wrote a post to join in your tea and friendship Tuesday. Please stop by....with a cup of tea.

Karen

Just a little something from Judy said...

Carol, It seems like the two of us would have talked together today before we posted. We have a common thread on our blogs...although your cinnamon cake does far more for me than my low calorie drinks and snacks. Tell you what, I will come and join you and Charli for coffee and cinnamon cake, and then the next day you and Charli can join me on the porch for my drinks and snacks. Is that a deal???

sunshine said...

My kids (and my husband and I), love cinnamon rolls. I think that I will try this cake recipe. It looks really yummy in the picture!
I love the smell of cinnamon throughout the house also. Apple&Cinnamon candle scents are my fav!
Have a lovely day.
*Pats Charli's head and gives a scratch behind the ears*
Ciao!
laura

Chandy said...

I love coffee cake! I will try that recipe for sure! I love the dishes you used. What are they called?

Happy Tuesday!

xinex said...

Sounds and looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will bake it when I get home...Christine

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Hey Charli (ear scratch!). I'm here for my tea and cake too!
Carol, this looks soooo good! I'm definitely going to give it a try :0)
Have a fantastic day!
(Charli too!)

Madeline's Album said...

Hi Carol, I am sitting here with my cup of coffee and wishing I had a piece of your cake to go with it. It looks so yummy. I love the poem. Thank you for sharing the recipe and poem with us. Also thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Enjoying my iced tea today as it is way too hot outside for anything hot to drink. I would love a piece of that yummy cake! Looks delicious!! Enjoy your day!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

The cake sounds so yummy. I love the music!!!...m.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! May I have TWO slices, please???

XO,

Sheila

Shellmo said...

The cinnamon cake was delicious! Thank you! And Charli was a good girl! Will she be getting some tea party outfits this year? :)

MARIA said...

What a beautiful Tea meeting.
I'm so happy being here.
What a wonderful aroma and music..

Thank you sooo much, dear Carol!

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, what a beautiful tea you've set up! The coffee cake looks and sounds devine! I'll be right over!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Liz said...

Wish I could eat a slice and chat over tea! And pet Charli, of course. :)

Aaydens Mommy said...

That cinnamon cake looks sooo delicious! Yum! I think I'll have to try making that. I love cinnamon cake. =)

Anne said...

Your Cinnamon Cake looks really yummy. Happy Tea and Friendship Tuesdays's! I've just been loving your posts here every week.

Rhondi said...

Am I too late for a cup of tea? I'm sure the cinnamon loaf is long gone but I'd still like to stay and have a wee chat with you over a cup of tea.
Hugs, Rhondi

JG said...

The Cinnamon Cake looks sooo good! I will definitely make this for my family to enjoy. Yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails