Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This will make you smile......


The following is part of an e-mail my cousin Ron sent to me. Thank you Ron! Love you cuz ♥


This will make you smile.......

Only in America..... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front......


Only in America.... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke......

Only in America... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.....

Ever wonder.... why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?.......

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?.......

Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?......

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?.....

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?.....

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called the rush hour?......

Why isn't there mouse flavored cat food?......

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?.....

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?.....

If con is the opposite of pro, is congress the opposite of progress?.....

I hope this brightened your day and gave you a chuckle or two!.......
With warmest regards, Carol

19 comments:

Shirl said...

Hello, I'm still making my Blue Monday visits. Cute post, I love your blog!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

zetor said...

My morning laugh, thankyou. Love the Broker one.

sunshine said...

I'm so guilty of the "cheeseburger, fries and a diet coke" thing. LOL
I had a nice morning giggle.
Thanks! Thanks Ron!
((Hugs))Laura

Madeline's Album said...

Made my morning. Great post and so true. Have a great day. Madeline

Smilingsal said...

I've seen this one too. I love it! I often do the dessert and diet drink.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I have often wondered about why we need to walk to the way back of the drug store to have the prescription filled...oh and better yet, let's make you wait an hour or two! I remember one time my son was so sick and there was a problem with my insurance card. I knew it was fine but the guy behind the counter refused to accept it. The lady who knew me said, "I know her, the card is good." But the head guy wouldn't accept it. We tried to call and worked an hour on it all the while my son was laying on the floor. I finally paid full price for the medicine, went home called the insurance company, they fixed the problem and went back the next day for a refund. Silly!! Loved your list!!!

Anne said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Vee said...

Yes, why do they make sick people walk all the way to the back? That's a cute one! And you know what I think about that last one! Amen.

Aaydens Mommy said...

hehe I have seen this email before and it is quite cute! So true too. =) thanks for the chuckle!

zetor said...

Hello Carol, there is an award waiting for you on my blog.

Shellmo said...

These were a nice laugh today - thank you! And I have always wondered why they put the pharmacy in the very back of the store! Not fair!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I really needed a chuckle today. Thank you Carol. Just seeing your yellow smiley face made me smile.

Joyce said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Your post did make me SMILE. I also read back a few posts and my Mom taught me to always dust with baby diapers.
Joyce

Chandy said...

I just got the same email recently! It's a fun read!

Blessings each day said...

That was really cute.

Thanks for shaing it.

Charli is so adorable...is she people friendly too?

blessings,

marcy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That did make me smile carol! I love John Denver singing too!

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

The last one is priceless and my fave :-)

Neabear said...

There was one store I went to where the pharmacy was on the side, but it was the same distance as walking to the back. Sigh....

Michael said...

Those were great thanks Carol. I think some of them are from comedian Steven Wright. Always makes me laugh. Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails