Friday, May 1, 2009

A Blog Party about Blogging!........


Beautiful Blogging...... A Blog Party about Blogging!......

A Blog Party about Blogging is being hosted by my new friend Joy, at http://cupidscharm.blogspot.com/ It is a post where we share insights, inspirations, and reasons for blogging. A place to tell the world what it is that we love about blogging. Thank you Joy for this fun post! If you would like to participate, or you would like more information, just click on the above link to reach the official Blog Party about Blogging! web site.........


There are so many things I love about blogging, that quite frankly, I don't even know where to begin........
A little over a year ago I had no idea what a blog was. I knew there was a place called 'My Space' but I hadn't heard many positive things about it and had no desire to check it out. One day a friend asked me if I had ever been on any of the nursing blogs. She told me that some of them were very interesting. While I was curious I still did not pursue it. Then my friend Sandy sent me an e-mail explaining that she had started a blog of her own and included her blog address. Pretty soon I was following her blog, visiting other blogs, and the rest is history.....


When I initially started blogging, for me at least, it was like a hobby. I've kept a journal on, and off through out my life, and blogging was similar to that but in a much less personal way. However, within weeks everything changed and blogging became so much more. I have met the most amazing people through my blogging experiences. People from all over the world. It's like having multiple pen pals every where!.....
I have found blogger's to be some of the most wonderful, kind, caring, inspiring, witty, warm, funny, sensitive and loving people I have ever not personally met. There is a real connection here, a camaraderie, a support system that is absolutely incredible! I don't think people who do not blog could possibly understand it....
In my year and a half of blogging I have never received a negative or lurid comment of any kind. Although I do know a few blogger's that unfortunately have. I do like the fact that blogger seems to police it's site.....
I have found that there is a sense of purpose here in blogland. A "blog buzz." A place where people can express their agenda, whether it be health, education, politics, religion, or etc. A place where every one's opinion is respected and valid. A place to celebrate how much we are alike and also our differences. Blogger's blog about all kinds of issues issues close to their hearts. I like it when blogger's take a stance on an issue. It touches my heart when they ask for calls to prayer for others, express their spirituality, and their love of family, home, and country. There is a sense of integrity in this blog world of ours, and in a world with so much negativity, this is a positive and enlightening place to spend time. Blogger's are in the business of celebrating life and share an on going commitment.....
I love the fact that every blog is so unique in it's style and design. It's like entering into some ones home but it's actually their blog. There are so many different themes. Everyone is so creative. There are gardening blogs, home entertainment blogs, nursing blogs, book blogs, family blogs, craft blogs, animal lover blogs, you name it, and it's out there. I also like the fact that some blogs designs seem to change with the seasons and holidays. It's fun to see all of the glitter graphics, scripture tags, and clip art. The photos, videos, music, and art are wonderful and a joy to see and listen to......
The posts themselves are all marvelous. It's like flipping through pages of a beautiful old magazine. You can travel to cities, villages, rural and farming communities. Some posts have household tips, recipes, craft instructions, tips on writing, poems, book reviews, and decorating. There is a wealth of information out there on the blogs just waiting to be read. I especially love the posts where we are invited into homes to share in intimate celebrations and family gatherings. The heart felt stories have always been favorites of mine and so touching to read. I like how you can join other blogs and blog with a commonality in places like, Blogs across the World, Christian Women On Line, Hopeful Friday, Booking through Thursdays, and Blue Monday.....
Blogging for me has been an incredible and rewarding experience. Thank you to all of the lovely and sweet blogger's I've met for allowing me to have a peek into your precious lives and hearts ♥ For all of those blogger's I have yet to meet, I can't wait to get to know you ♥....
With warmest regards, Carol

21 comments:

Smilingsal said...

I agree, Carol: "There is a sense of integrity in this blog world."

Thanks for mentioning Blue Monday!

Sares said...

I completely agree with all the reasons why you love blogging, I pretty much share them all! Have a great day and have fun at the party!

Sue said...

Blogging has filled a loneliness inside me.

char72 said...

My blogging story is similar to yours. I started about a year and a half ago too. My hubby had already been blogging for a couple of years and had urged me to start, but I just wasn't interested. It wasn't until I discovered other women's blogs that I thought, "Hey that looks like fun." It has turned out to be so much more than I ever dreamed.
Have a Happy Blog Party Day!
Charlotte

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Blogging... a very expressive way to get to know your neighbor...

A journal of sorts if you don't fear truth being exposed...

A book one can follow along chapter by chapter... or skip to the end if you wish...

An unfinished canvas which you paint pictures for all the world to see...

A place where others come because they find you worthy of knowing... and vice versa.. I think the vice versa is the better end of the deal...

Because you are ALL incredible people, sisters, brothers, mothers & fathers... friends!

zetor said...

Your blog is one of the reasons I love blogging, thankyou.

msartist said...

Happy blog party! Glad to meet you~

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

What a sweet post and blog! I enjoyed getting to know you! Have a great day! ~Stacy~

Lorrie said...

So nice to meet you at the blogging party!

Lorrie

Lori said...

HI Carol, I'm so glad I stopped by your blog. Your post on blogging was so thoughtful and heartfelt. I'm glad I stopped by for a visit. I'll visit again!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Blogging is a wonderful community. What you've written is so true. Great post!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Yes! I am new at it, since January. I have made friends, learned about my writing abilities and blogging has opened up worlds to me that I never thought I would cross from the comfort of my office! You are a dear. Give Charlie a hug! Anita

Geralyn Gray said...

I agree with the positive upbeat energy of the blogging world....I am so happy to be a part of it!!!!

Happy @ Home said...

Well said!! I find it interesting to see how many of us bloggers say that we didn't even know what a blog was before we got started and now we are hooked. I feel the same way you do about it all.

Little Charli is adorable. I have a chihuahua and think small lap dogs are the best friends a person could ever hope for. Love them to pieces.

The Victorian Parlor said...

Carol,

I agree with everything that you said about blogging! And Charli is adorable!!!

Blessings,

Kim

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Carol, this is so true! Blogs has been a great source of inspiration and sorta like an escape or haven.

At first, I wasn't even sure I'd actually get to meet such wonderful people. But I was glad I tried it and here i am :-)

Li

dragonflydreamer said...

Hi Carol. It's been so nice to meet you and visit your blog. Charli is just adorable. I love how you share poems, inspiration, book reviews and a positive message here on your space. The connections that I have made through my blog have been a very joyful and unexpected part of blogging. Sorry I was late stopping by for the party, but I'm glad I did. Stop by and visit me on either of my blogs any time. Have a beautiful weekend.

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hi Carol & Charli!!!!!
I'm still making my way through the blog party and it is so nice meeting you. Your post expressed my sentiments exactly...
everything vintage

Neabear said...

I didn't participate in the blog party. Working to much this week to keep up. Have not had a day off where I could just stay home for a couple of weeks now. I love your blog and this post is wonderful. Really touches on why people blog.

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hello Carol! I wanted to stop by and thank you for participating in the Beautiful Blogging Party!! I hope you enjoyed the event and also enjoyed meetings lots of new bloggers. Have a beautiful week ~ Joy

Anne said...

What a nice post and so eloquently said about blogging. I'm glad to hear the wonderful experiences that you have had with blogging. And it's just plain fun, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails