Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A post where book lovers like myself get together weekly to answer specific questions related to literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.......


Mariel suggested this weeks questions and they are as follows:
"Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you run out of things to read?........

I will admit that one of my true passions is reading. I would rather spend the day in a book store than out shopping just about any where else. I would love to be able to read every book I come in contact with but it's just not possible. There are very few books that I haven't enjoyed reading. If I start a book, and I don't like it, I will force myself to finish it any way. To me that is called reading outside of the box. In the end, I always learn something new or find something interesting about the book I have liked........
I do have a basket of books waiting to be read. I guess it's because I always want something readily available. I am also a slow reader in the sense that to me it's not so important how many books I've read, as it is, did I enjoy it and did I learn something from it.....
I try not to go to the bookstore more than once a month because I know the chances are I'm going to come out of the store with more than one book......
To give you an example of what I'm talking about, a couple of weeks ago Dot http://dot-scribbles.blogspot.com/ mentioned The Secret History in her Booking Through Thursday post. It sounded intriguing. It is not a book I would have normally chosen to read but all of the comments on Booking Through Thursday seemed to be positive. I thought why not. As soon as I finished the book I was currently reading I set off to the book store intending to get only that book. However, while I was looking for it I came across The Road From Chapel Hill. It looked like it would be an interesting read so I tucked it under my arm. On the way out of the store I noticed The Winter Rose which is about a 1900 century women physician. Now I ask you.... How could I pass that up?....


I just finished reading The Road From Chapel Hill. The Secret History is sitting on my desk waiting to be read and I popped The Winter Rose into my book basket. If I have the time this month I will either pull out The Winter Rose or another book from my basket to read. All of the books I buy eventually get read but I'm forever adding new books to my basket.........
Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!
I hope you are enjoying your day. I've been a little under the weather the last couple of days with a pesty cold but the sunshine in our area today is helping to make me feel better........
With warmest regards, Carol

9 comments:

Aaydens Mommy said...

I hope you feel better soon! <3 The books you picked out sound very interesting. I can't wait to start reading again now that I don't have to read certain books for school I can read whatever I'd like!

Jaimie said...

That reminds me, I need to get The Winter Rose. It's a sickness!

Just a little something from Judy said...

You have given me so many titles of books that you read and now I want to read. I have found that at this point in my life, I read very little, but someday, I will get to read the books piled in my basket. Carol, I hope you are soon feeling much better.

Heather said...

I have the exact same book-buying habits. I've started participating in the Friday Finds meme (and it's caused my TBR/wish list to swell to relatively epic proportions).

zetor said...

Hope you continue to feel better. btw love listening to Gene Kelly on your blog.

Vee said...

Awww, hope that you feel well enough to read between naps and quiet pursuits. You are a very different reader than I. I will not (usually) continue with a book that I do not like. The ones that you've selected all sound great, though. I'd be surprised to learn that you didn't like one of them.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I also love to read! And I have tons of books waiting for me to find some more spare time!!!

Madeline's Album said...

Hi Carol, I hope you will feel better real soon. I also will finish a book that is to me boring before I start a new one. Have a good evening. Enjoy your new books. Madeline

Dot said...

That's really lovely of you to link to my blog- thank you! I really hope that you enjoy The Secret History, it is one of my favourite books. Happy BTT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails