Thursday, May 21, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A post where book lovers like myself get together weekly to answer specific questions related to literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site........

This week our question is as follows:
Suggested by Rebecca......
"What book would you love to be able to read again for the first time?"

There are so many books that I would like to be able read again but unfortunately like most of you I just don't have the time. I don't think I could possibly limit my choice to one book, but if I had to choose a book, or several books that I would like to read again it would definitely be something in the history category. These books have always been fascinating to me and contain a wealth of interesting information......
The following is a list of several of the books I would choose.....
No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt - Patrica Kearns Goodwin
Arc Of Justice: A Saga Of Race, Civil Rights, and Murder In The Jazz Age - Kevin Boyle
The Great Influenza:The Story Of The Deadliest Pandemic In History - John M. Barry
The Speckled Monster: A Historical Tale Of Battling The Smallpox Epidemic - Jennifer Lee Carrel
Team Of Rivals: The Political Genius Of Abraham Lincoln - Patricia Kearns Goodwin
Personal History - Katherine Graham

Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!......
I hope you have a wonderful day!......
With warmest regards, Carol

5 comments:

zetor said...

'The Speckled Monster...' isn't that a great title about an awful disease I know.
I have listed only 3 , that come to mind. Mine is here, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/booking-through-thursday_21.html

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Carol! If and when I can, I would like to read Les Miserables in French again...I couldn't put it down the first time, then right at the climax in the third volume, I got visiters during the summer, put down the book and never picked it up again! Hope you are feeling better. Give Charlie a hug! Anita

nikkicrumpet said...

You're just like my hubby...he loves reading history books and stuff like that. Me...I'm all about murder mysteries and fiction about serial killers and stuff. I wish I was highbrow like you guys...but I like my "fluff" reading lol

Blessings each day said...

Gosh...I don't know what was wrong but I tried yesterday and this morning to get into your Blog and it kept on telling me Internet Explorer couldn't do it (no problem getting to other blog sites though), so I'm doing this through someone else's web site and will try going through my own later.

So terribly sad about the way the women are treated by the Taliban, just sickening, isn't it? Something to keep in heavy prayer always.

blessings,

marcy

violetcrush said...

wow...thats a daunting list. Never heard of half of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails