Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......

Welcome to Dogs On Thursday, at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A post where dog lovers such as myself get together weekly to talk about their most precious little four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site......

"Charli what are you doing on the back of the sofa? How many times do I have to tell you?....You are not a cat. You are a dog!"

I love to ride my bike when the weather is nice...... I have been trying to figure out a way to ride and take Charli along with me. This week I found the perfect solution and I got a great deal in the process........
Isn't this the neatest thing! It's actually for small children but it works out well for dogs too. There is plenty of room for Charli, a camera, a bowl, a bottle of water, and a leash so we can stop at the park........
It comes with a seat belt so I can attach one end to Charli's collar to keep her safe.......
"Charli turn around so I can take your picture. Don't be shy. What are you looking at?"

So far it has been working out great! Charli seems to like it. Of course the neighbors think I'm a little goofy but a girl has to do what a girl has to do. The mailman stopped me the other day and said, "I hope your not taking that dog for protection." Then he started laughing as he continued walking down the street. One women stopped me and said she thought it was down right dog abuse. She calmed down when I showed her how I had carefully strapped Charli in. As Charli becomes more adjusted we will venture out farther and farther away. I think it's a great way to have some fun on a sunny afternoon. Of course we also take walks....

What about your little pooch? Does your he or she get to go on bike rides with you?..... Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone!.... With warmest regards,

15 comments:

Sue said...

Lucky Charli, that looks like fun.

zetor said...

I have seen that mode of Canine transport before and the dog always looked happy! Bon voyage Charli.

marcy said...

That looks so cute! My daughter had one of these for her to go out with her littlest one, Julia, actually the one I am holding in my profile.

How could anyone think Charli is anything less than totally loved...she just looks it so much in all her pictures!!

This is such a sweet idea...wish you could take a little video of her.

blessings on you,
marcy

Brenda Eason said...

Looks like a great idea to me. i bet Charlie feels special.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Where and how much if you don't mind my asking. Bugzy would love this. Sadie~Mae not so much. I have to desensitize her. Everything scares her.

On an up note: Dogs on thursday.

Sadie~Mae is fully housebroken and has been for almost 2 months. She is now 6 months. So not to bad at 4 months. Now she will ask to go. Yeah Sadie~Mae.

Madeline's Album said...

Now I have seen it all. I bet you will be giving people something they can do with their dog. It is a great idea and I bet Miss Charli loves it.
Have fun biking you two. Have a great evening. Madeline

Aaydens Mommy said...

oh my goodness, this is too funny! LOL but what a GREAT idea. Now she can enjoy bike rides with you. =)

Shellmo said...

Charli must love this! Great idea!! I can't believe that one lady stopped you and thought it was dog abuse.

P.S. I hope I can join your dogs on thursday group soon! I just got an email from the breeder and the bernese mtn puppies were born last Saturday. She is giving this one person a couple more days to respond and if they don't - then I should be able to get a puppy in the next 8 weeks! Wish me luck!!

sunshine said...

3 more weeks until I can join in! Yay!!! I can't wait.
Charli looks so cute! What's with people? Why would anyone think Charli could be in any danger in there? Sheesh.
Laura

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Oh how cute. I'm sure Charli will have a grand time riding along with you!

Bernie said...

I followed Marcy to your blog and so glad I did. I was so refreshed and excited reading about Charlie and how you arranged a way to take him along with you on outings.....
Have a wonderful day....:-) Bernie

Channon said...

That's really cute! Of course my girls just want to run...

Marjie said...

Y'know what? Tell that busybody to quit worrying about a dog who is clearly so happy, loved and enjoyed. Don't they have something else to do, like clean up their yard? That's a great way to bring along a little dog, who wouldn't be able to keep up. Someone like our Thor, well, he would outpace us. Of course, he could also just sit in the lawn and babysit Charli!

Julie said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Dog abuse, indeed.

Lady, our cocker spaniel, used to lie on the back of the couch. I even have a picture of her doing so. Someone had left a newspaper there too, so it looks like she was reading the paper. I should try to find it and post it.

Firefly Nights said...

I was getting ready to scroll back to where I last read your blog but had to stop here. We did the same thing with a child's bike cart from LL Bean a number of years ago for our now deceased Jack Russell Riley. He LOVED to ride on just about anything.

Daddy Dawg built a floor into the cart for him since it didn't come with a solid floor. Once he took him for a ride in a local park and some lady came up to see the cute "baby" in the bike cart. Riley's bark was far worse than his bite and the lady about wet her pants when instead of a cute baby she was greeted with a ball of fur and a very loud "Whumf" right in her face.

Guy across the street has a Corgi and he (the guy) likes to bike ride. He saw our cart and got one for the Corgi. Corgi hated it. Just sat in it and woofed and woofed and woofed nonstop. Daddy Dawg just laughed to himself.

Sure do miss that dog (ours, the Corgi is still around. I hope Charli has fun in her cart. Did you know that they now make these carts especially for pets? There are a couple of them that can be converted from a bike cart to a stroller by adding the optional handlebars and putting a wheel on the front.

Related Posts with Thumbnails