Sunday, May 31, 2009

Peaches And Cream Cake....

Peaches and Cream Cake.......

When I was growing up my parents belonged to a small pinochle card group. The group would meet at each others houses a couple of times a month. The ladies were always responsible for serving some sort of dessert and coffee. Sometimes in the summer months my mother would serve this cake. It's very simple, yet decadent, and delicious......
My mother would buy a large can of sliced peaches and chill them over night. In the morning she would drain the peaches, cover them, and place them back in the refrigerator. Then she would whip together two cups of heavy cream with two tablespoons of sugar until it formed peaks. She would cover the whip cream and place it in the refrigerator. Next she would bake a white cake mix according to directions and cool. After the cake had cooled she would take a knife and slice each piece of cake in half. Then she would layer each piece with the peaches and cream. My mother would refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.......
Peaches and Cream Cake is a nice, easy, and simple summer dessert.....
With warmest regards, Carol

17 comments:

Channon said...

That sounds incredible. I might have to try that.

Blessings each day said...

It does sound yummy...bet it would work with the pound cake that Michael loves...thank you for sharing, Carol!

blessings,

marcy

Neabear said...

That sounds delicious!!

Eileen said...

I'm always looking for nice summer desserts as we have lots of pool parties in the summer. This one sounds delicious and easy!
Thanks for sharing this recipe.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

This sounds heavenly.. .almost like upside peach cake. It sounds very good.

Deb said...

oh that sounds yummy...and you could even make it a low fat way also...

Shellmo said...

I love pinochle! I bet your mom enjoyed her pinochle club a lot! Great desert recipe you posted!

Lisa said...

I have no idea how to play pinnocle, but hey, that cake looks like worth learning how!!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks delicious!!

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Oooohhhhhh yum! yum! yum!

I thought at first they were mangoes cause they kinda look like the ones we make here at home with mangoes, cream ,, and graham crackers. No baking though cause I can't bake :-)

I would be happy to have a slice of that cake and taste it :-)

mizpah

Li

Madeline's Album said...

What a wonderful summer dessert, easy and sounds delicious. Have a great day. Madeline

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Holy cow...that looks extremly yummy! Blessings to you sweet one and to...you guessed it! Charli girl! Anita

Aaydens Mommy said...

That looks sooo good! I'll have to try it very soon. What a great summer dessert.

Charli and me said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments ♥

Sandy said...

That looks so good that I think I've just gained weight looking at it! Oh yummmmm!

JG said...

Ah, Peaches & Cream Cake. Sounds easy and delicious!

Michael said...

Thanks for sharing, Carol! My family makes something just like this in the summer. Its perfect! God Bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails