Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........

Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. A fun post filled with recipes, photo's, tablescapes, teapots, teacups, stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It's a place to celebrate and share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write a post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post.....

Friendship:
"That rare commitment to, and affection for, another being slows time when the person is absent and paints the world with sunshine when the treasured one returns. It brings lightness to our hearts and warmth to our souls and makes each of us richer for the experience. Neither a mansion nor a winning lottery ticket can so invigorate one's spirit as a phone call from a long-absent friend saying, "Put on a pot of coffee. I'm in town and will be there in 10 minutes!"
-Forever Friends-

Do you have a best friend? A friend that has been part of your life as long as you can remember? A friend, where no matter how much distance is between you, is never forgotten, and all you have to do is pick up the phone, or stop by for a visit, and it's like you have never been apart? A friend who you can feel free to share anything with? I have such a friend........
My best friend in the whole world is my cousin Sharon. Anne is my second closest friend......

Sharon and I were born in the same month, the same year, and approximately three weeks apart. We went through Elementary School together until the fifth grade at which time I was transferred to another Elementary School that had been built in our neighborhood. We reconnected in Junior High School and went through High School together. We lived seven blocks apart and had many of the same friends. We went to catechism together, got our drivers licence together, and married six days apart. Our husbands are great friends. We even had our children fairly close together, and oh, the stories I could tell you about my best friend Sharon and me. We had so much fun together! Sharon and her husband eventually moved away. She still lives in the same state that I do but much farther north. We have always kept in touch, even after all of these years, and we love each other like we were sisters ♥ When I started my blog a little over a year ago I sent the address to Sharon. She doesn't have an Internet connection because of the poor reception they get in their area but I thought if she were ever at one of her children's homes she could check it out. I had no idea until recently, but it seems that Sharon's lovely daughter Kelly who lives in the U.K. has been calling her every couple of days and reading my posts to her. They both love this blog world of ours. Kelly is very busy right now, but I'm hoping one day she will start a blog of her own and blog along with all of us.........
I'd just like to say, GOOD MORNING SHARON AND KELLY! I love you both very much ♥ I hope you have a beautiful day!.... I'm touched beyond words that you enjoy reading my blog.....

"Time isn't what makes a friendship last. It's love and devotion that keeps the tie between souls"
-Anonymous-

Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol

15 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Lovely post as usual Carol. Thank you for your very nice comments on my blog. I have made some very nice acquaintances here and consider all of them to be true friends. Have a great day. Madeline

Neabear said...

What a special friendship you have!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a wonderful post. I really enjoyed reading about your special friend.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Oh what a sweet post to have with my morning java. Her daughters are wonderful to do this for her. I can just picture it can't you. Lovely post.

Vee said...

What a great story! It says a lot about you that you are willing to share your life with your family via your blog. (I'd rather not.) Hope that you and Sharon will continue to connect via the blog and in real life ways, too. Have a happy day, Carol!

Smilingsal said...

How special Sharon is! I'm glad you two have each other.

Rosezilla said...

Hurrah for friends! Sounds like you have a good one. I have some good friends from way back and tomorrow I am having dinner with one of them - can't wait!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

What a beautiful post describing your friendship! I have so enjoyed reconnecting with many friends through blogging and even Facebook. Hope you and your friend are having a wonderful day!

Just a little something from Judy said...

From reading all of your posts during the last year, I would venture to guess you would have many good friends. You are a caring, kind, and encouraging person to everyone in the blog world. Thank you for sharing this post on friendship, and your own personal friends. It caused me to reflect on my own treasured friends, and how very much they mean to me.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Amen. You are a sweet soul! Hi Charlie!!Anita

The Muse said...

So sweet a post...!
I loved it! :)

So much so, I want to select it as my Memorable Post selection! :)

Deb said...

i recently reconnected with a friend from teenage years...we were twinseys...always together...some people thought we were sisters..but we were just adopted sisters...it has really been fun catching up...we are Idol buddies...we text each other during American Idol and have a blast

KarenHarveyCox said...

Carol,

I love this post, and your friendship sounds wonderful. Girlfriends are such a special kind of relationship. Happy Tea and Friendship.
Blessings, Karen

Michael said...

Touching post - they are lucky to have a friend like you!

Judi said...

Good Morning Carol
I love your header on and poem on the top of your blog. So cute and so perfect for this time of year.

What a special friendship you have. How much the two of you have to share and talk about. I have a girlfriend with whom I've been best friends since we met when we were 15. Well we met at that age but really started hanging out when we were 18. We are godparents to each other's eldest children. We have shared so much together and are great support. She is the sister I never had....so I know how you too feel.

Enjoy .... and this day too. Judi

Related Posts with Thumbnails