Monday, May 4, 2009

Blue Monday..... and awards........


Welcome to Blue Monday, a post hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ A place where a group of us get together weekly to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site....

"I know the song that the Blue bird is singing,
Out in the apple tree where he is swinging.
Brave little fellow! the skies may be dreary-
Nothing cares he while his heart is so cherry.

Hark! how the music leaps from his throat!
Hark! was there ever so merry a note?
Listen a while, and you'll hear what he's saying,
Up in the apple tree swinging and swaying.

'Dear little blossoms down under the snow,
You must be weary of winter I know.
Listen! I'll sing you a message of cheer!
Summer is coming! and spring time is here!

Little white snowdrop! I pray you arise;
Bright yellow crocus! please open your eyes;
Sweet little violets, hid from the cold,
Daffodils! Daffodils! say, do you hear?-
Summer is coming, and spring time is here!'"
-Emily Huntington Miller-


studentbritannica.com













I was very excited to learn I had received this lovely award from my friend Michael, at http://www.reachparadise.com/ Thank you so much Michael for thinking of me!
Michael has a beautiful and inspiring blog where he posts his thoughts about the bible, God, and Catholicism. I have learned so much here. I hope you will take the time to visit him. It's very refreshing to visit such a positive and spiritually inspired place. Thank you Michael!.........

This next award comes from my friend Zetor, at http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/ This award is about "sharing the love which has always been a good thing. The blog that receives this has to show one characteristic, caring." Thank you so much Zetor! This means so much to me!
If you haven't stopped by to visit Zetor please do. Her blog is all about family, her life on a farm, books she enjoys, and her wonderful book reviews. She has a lovely blog and I think you will think so too. Thank you Zetor!......
I am passing on these beautiful awards to anyone who stops by here. You are all very caring and deserving. I hope you will except these awards as gratitude from me for being the wonderful group of blogger's all of you are ♥.....
Happy Blue Monday everyone!......
With warmest regards, Carol

20 comments:

Knitty said...

Blue birds are so pretty, but rarely seen around here. We do get blue jays which are attractive in appearance, but not personality. Even the pesky squirrels are afraid of them!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Carol!
Such lovely blue things! Blue birds are my favorite and of course blue flowers! But like I said a couple of posts ago, I am going pink this year. Congrats on your awards; you are a sweet lady with a spirit that comes through your lovely blog! Have a blue Monday with much love and a big hug for Charlie, Anita

Smilingsal said...

I love the brilliant blue of that bird. Congratulations on your awards--one of which is blue! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Congrats on your awards! Love the blue birds, they are very pretty! Enjoy your day!

Madeline's Album said...

Good morning Carol, Love the poem and the Judy Garland song, some where over the rainbow. We have blue birds here. My husband has made a lot of blue bird houses. Congratulations on your awards. Have a great day. Madeline

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Happy blue Monday and congratulations on your awards :0) You wear them well :0)
Seeing your post of the blue bird actually got me humming "zippa dee do dah", lol!

Deb said...

pretty photos...love the poem...have a great week

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Lovely pictures!

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

Vee said...

Congrats on your two awards!

Is it raining there, too? It's sunny here, but I'm hearing about all this rain in the Mid-west. I know what that means...it's coming this way.

Beautiful images today, as always, Carol. Thank you for your sweet comments regarding my mom. I appreciate them so much.

bj said...

I'm like KNITTY...we have only blue jays around here...Every now and then, but very rarely, we see a blue bird.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

The blue bird is very pretty as are the flowers. Happy Blue Monday.

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

What a lovely post! Congratulations on your wonderful awards! Have a lovely Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shelia said...

Afternoon, Carol! I too love everything with birds and real birds, too! :)
Always congratulations on your awards, you're just the sweetest one!
Shelia ;)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful blue pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anne said...

I loved your poem you posted. Congrats on winning your awards. Happy Blue Monday!

KayC. said...

Love the blue bird...just waiting to see one here in Wyoming! Congrats on the award!

Blessings each day said...

Here I am way at the bottom, very happy for your well deserved awards. Your pictures are beautiful.

I was especially tickled with your Tinkerbell award since our litle puppy dog's name is Tinkabelle (I posted on how she got this strange name).

blessings and joy,

marcy

p.s. Thank you for mentioning my baby son in Heaven...will post on him in October.

Shellmo said...

I loved this bluebird poem! They are such cheery and beautiful birds!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Michael said...

Thanks for the kind words and for always making me smile! God Bless.

Related Posts with Thumbnails